Felixstowe docks /docksgenerally got a lot lot quieter?

my neighbour who is a tug driver is now only on 2 days per week .Drinking wine and being a bolshy nuisance on the street - is he bullsh/tting me that theres few ships coming in this year/blaming brexit/ or is he being laid off while everone else works normally ? Nobody else i know locally is saying anything about dock woes . hes a bullsh/tter generally says has a current sky divers licence/ got a pro drone/sea kayak expert/ ex police inspector , that sort of guff

Just had a look on the ‘Marine Traffic’ website live map; shows 4 Maersk vessels, 1 OOCL Hong Kong and a Danish ship which runs Rotterdam/Felixstowe/Rotterdam.

Don’t know if that is about normal or not?

Buckstones:
Just had a look on the ‘Marine Traffic’ website live map; shows 4 Maersk vessels, 1 OOCL Hong Kong and a Danish ship which runs Rotterdam/Felixstowe/Rotterdam.

Don’t know if that is about normal or not?

Usually more than 5 ships per week

If less work is true. Could it be that they have imported so much stuff in case of brexit that the warehouse are bulging at the seams and no more room, so it’s back to tick over. Am no expert just a guess.

Odd days:
If less work is true. Could it be that they have imported so much stuff in case of brexit that the warehouse are bulging at the seams and no more room, so it’s back to tick over. Am no expert just a guess.

Most of the stuff that comes in to Felixstowe is from outside the eu so unaffected by Brexit

On the bbc this week it did a feature on brexit and the effects on buisness and was at a chocolate factory and they said they was having to stock pile Brazil nuts due to brexit and coca etc. Do all this come from eu.

As members of the EU we have trade deals with many countries. When we leave many/most/all of those deals will be cancelled/changed.
Hence uncertainty and need to stockpile. Warehousing ain’t free. Sooner or later we consumers will pay for that. Brexit is already costing us money.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Just a clue , wouldn’t all the container drivers be whinging about lack of work ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

There seems to be no end of box jockies trundling up and down the A14 as I pass them while they’re doing 85kph

Franglais:
As members of the EU we have trade deals with many countries. When we leave many/most/all of those deals will be cancelled/changed.
Hence uncertainty and need to stockpile. Warehousing ain’t free. Sooner or later we consumers will pay for that. Brexit is already costing us money.

But not as much as it would cost as if we stayed in the eu and waited for cabotage restrictions to be removed, which is the ultimate aim of the eu.

Or do you think the road transport industry would pay you £500 a week to drive around the UK when a Bulgarian haulier could get a driver to do it for £200?

I don’t know quite how to break this to you Harry, but our Government has already agreed to let EU hauliers have continuing access to British roads, irrespective of British hauliers getting any such deal from the EU27 themselves.

Cheap transport is worth far more to our Govt than our haulage industry is. Just like the UK fishing rights will always be traded away if we can wrangle some benefit for our banks in return.

Germany and France were the countries making a real effort to curtail the antics of low-cost Eastern Euro hauliers: ie by making them pay the French/German min wage to drivers ‘in country’ and forbidding weekend breaks being taken in cabs. The eventual aim is unlimited cabotage through the EU, but only with parity in wages and conditions in line with the best, not the worst.

What a shame the UK Govt is instead cutting and running from the EU. We’ll get all of the bad, none of the good, and no vote or influence while still being under the EU thumb with rules and regs.

Last year a few shipping lines were pulling out of Felixstowe because of the long delays and going elswhere, i was in Immingham HST last week and its absolutely rammed in there, trailers parked along the access roads and loaded containers stacked up in every available space, maybe it still is pretty busy but the shipping lines have realised they can manage without Felixstowe and its ques

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

But not as much as it would cost as if we stayed in the eu and waited for cabotage restrictions to be removed, which is the ultimate aim of the eu.

Or do you think the road transport industry would pay you £500 a week to drive around the UK when a Bulgarian haulier could get a driver to do it for £200?

The EU`s ambitions from twenty odd years ago are being changed:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=160119

Franglais:

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

The EU`s ambitions from twenty odd years ago are being changed:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=160119

Ah well at least that levelling of the field won’t apply to us as we embark on putting the ‘Great’ in Great Britain once more :unamused:

Europe will be a level playing field…we’ll be a sort of off-shore sump.

GasGas:
Europe will be a level playing field…we’ll be a sort of off-shore sump.

A off shore sump filled with people of a mud race, thanks to coudenhove!!! Shall we all wave bye to the white race!

GasGas:
I don’t know quite how to break this to you Harry, but our Government has already agreed to let EU hauliers have continuing access to British roads, irrespective of British hauliers getting any such deal from the EU27 themselves.

Cheap transport is worth far more to our Govt than our haulage industry is. Just like the UK fishing rights will always be traded away if we can wrangle some benefit for our banks in return.

Germany and France were the countries making a real effort to curtail the antics of low-cost Eastern Euro hauliers: ie by making them pay the French/German min wage to drivers ‘in country’ and forbidding weekend breaks being taken in cabs. The eventual aim is unlimited cabotage through the EU, but only with parity in wages and conditions in line with the best, not the worst.

What a shame the UK Govt is instead cutting and running from the EU. We’ll get all of the bad, none of the good, and no vote or influence while still being under the EU thumb with rules and regs.

In England weekly rest more expensive.In Eu you can park truck anywhere and go to hotel.Most price about 30-40euto per 24 hours.In England must parked st services and pay 30 pound.Better sleep in hotel for 40 euro than for 30 pound in truck in Uk services.

Andrejs:
In England weekly rest more expensive.In Eu you can park truck anywhere and go to hotel.Most price about 30-40euto per 24 hours.In England must parked st services and pay 30 pound.Better sleep in hotel for 40 euro than for 30 pound in truck in Uk services.

You can park your wagon for free in all the services if you are booked in a Hotel. We get Hotel parking when the weather is too hot to sleep properly in a tin can. You just park up and let the receptionist know your reg and he/she will input into the system.
I was getting hotel rooms as cheap as £45 some days so in reality it was only costing my company an extra £10 to park the wagon and ensuring the driver is properly rested.

The humber ports are busier than ever, DFDS shut it’s unaccompanied RO-RO terminal (riverside and dockside) to trailers unless it was booked to depart with in 12hrs. And it was a strict one in one out rule. That was 2wks ago on a Friday.

Riverside has just opened a small extention for trailer parking. Where the old fuel storage tanks were on the right of the gate house.

Dockside have moved all the automotive stuff from lane 33ish, right to the other end to where the roundabout is. That’s given an extra 5 lanes?

As for the brexit sailings, DFDS have just put a 450 trailer capacity vessel on the fleet with 4 more to come.

HST is still in the middle of rebuilding it’s terminal, I’ve heard of 3hr wait to get a container swapped and 2hrs for a trailer swap and queues back past Benton’s on prosper road. They are bringing the self drive lane back, the exit road from the roundabout to the gate house has been widened by an extra lane.

Storage for both cargo, and trailers is in command, and is lacking in the area, if you can get a fork lift on the ground they’ll unload stuff on to it, if they can’t they’ll drop trailers on it.