Downloading vehicle and card

Heard something from another driver but not sure if it’s true, cobblers or a complete wind up. Been told that when you download your vehicle, if you use slot 2 for the company card then it also downloads your digi card at the same time.

I hate ejecting my card mid way through a shift, having picked up several infringements just by being fumble fingered doing a manual entry afterwards, so only do it when swapping to another vehicle or handing mine over to the tender butchery of the workshop. I’m constantly being nagged to download my card while I’m back at depot which I refuse, telling them I’ll do it at the end of my shift, but they are like children being told they have to wait for Christmas before Santa will bring them that shiny new bike!

It certainly looks like you can

youtu.be/JWRIhnbhV8k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s how we do it here.

Company card in slot 2, and a dongle in the middle.
Give it 10 minutes to mess around while fuelling up and that’s it done for a month but.

WhiteTruckMan:
Heard something from another driver but not sure if it’s true, cobblers or a complete wind up. Been told that when you download your vehicle, if you use slot 2 for the company card then it also downloads your digi card at the same time.

What does it matter? As a professional driver you should be just fine. I personally couldn’t give a toss if it does or not, it makes no difference.

I hate ejecting my card mid way through a shift, having picked up several infringements just by being fumble fingered doing a manual entry afterwards, so only do it when swapping to another vehicle or handing mine over to the tender butchery of the workshop. I’m constantly being nagged to download my card while I’m back at depot which I refuse, telling them I’ll do it at the end of my shift, but they are like children being told they have to wait for Christmas before Santa will bring them that shiny new bike!

Maybe you should ask your company to give you some training in basic tachograph operations in regards to manual entries if you’re having some difficulty. You might find that once word gets out the session is being run that you’re not alone when you attend as it seems to be an issue a lot of drivers have. Quite a few people on my last DCPC course said they didn’t do them mainly because they didn’t know how.

Lucky for those that only do their card and truck once a month. We have to dip our card at the start of a shift and the end, and we have to download our vehicle every day…christ only knows why.

In reply to original post yes you can download both by using slot 2. Dingle dangle dongle should have option for truck, driver or both.

Will this work both main types of Tacho, StoneBridge and the VDO??