Best HGV jobs (family life/Money)

What are your opinions on the best hgv jobs for a right balance of pay and family life■■?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 wheeler tippers, most do 0600 to 1700, Monday -friday. With some satday till 1200

Good luck trying to figure it out, I believe it’s a bit like looking for fairy’s & other mythical figures - non existent!
Having said that I will add my personal experience that for home life seeing misses & kids etc it was driving bin trucks, 6-1400 but done by 11 on our easy days, good pension but ■■■■ pay, also had a good laugh & was ‘proper’ driving with skills needed.

Arctic tankers on sewage was ok, 4/4 good money, when we finally got it! That wa until the owner developed a love of Thailand!!!

biggriffin:
8 wheeler tippers, most do 0600 to 1700, Monday -friday. With some satday till 1200

what was pay like

Best for me was agency. Money wasn’t brilliant, about 9 p/h 8 years ago, but I’m fortunate to be mortgage and debt free, so don’t need lots to live on. No hassle about time off etc. In hindsight, taking a company shilling was a serious mistake.

Everyone has their own interpretation of what you ask. It’s down to each individual and what you prefer. In my experience the best jobs were always the hardest to find.
8 wheel tippers have already been mentioned. Did a period on then in the Midlands years ago. Employer was always trying to rush you although every employer is different.
Money was average but then again it all depends on O/T etc.
I have done most types of HGV work including flats,fridges,low loaders,transporters and best of all petrol tankers.The latter being extremely well paid with excellent conditions although I believe it ain’t so good nowadays but as I said it all depends what suits you. I did distance work in my younger years but as I got older wanted to be home more with family etc.
A lot depends on your attitude towards work and your employer. If you can find a decent employer who will look after you and be fair and you do the same back then it’s hunky dory.
If you are the awkward type with a chip on your shoulder and always moaning you won’t get far at all. Same with vehicles, look after them, stay accident free and you will be appreciated a lot more.

Good luck.

My friend used to do a regular night trunk 20:00 - 06:00 5 nights per week which paid fairly well and worked around his family. He however left after a while as was struggling to sleep during the day.

All depends on personal preferences and what suits Family circumstances and commitments not everybody is the same.
What I got upto 40 - 45 years ago was nothing like what I did in the last 15 working years before retiring

Well I drive a class 2 for a small family company. We have 4 rigids (2x18T and 2x26T)

Four 7.5 tonners and a couple of Lutons.

I start at 7am and I’m finished by 4PM most days… Occasionally I’m back after 5 but it’s rare.

Old job was class 1. 3AM start, 15 hour days etc etc… There’s a reason I now drive class 2…that reason being the hours.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

WhiteTruckMan:
Best for me was agency. Money wasn’t brilliant, about 9 p/h 8 years ago, but I’m fortunate to be mortgage and debt free, so don’t need lots to live on. No hassle about time off etc. In hindsight, taking a company shilling was a serious mistake.

I do Class 1 on agency. Start times so far this week have been 0600, 0600, 0700 and 0600, finish times 1430, 1530, 1430 and 1600. I wouldn’t ever go back to tramping again.

+1 for agency.

The original question does not compute.
Does anyone have this Fridays winning euromillions numbers?

peirre:
The original question does not compute.
Does anyone have this Fridays winning euromillions numbers?

No, but I’ll pm them to you Saturday morning. :wink:

I’m a recently converted day man…in the construction sector.
My start times this week,have been 0600,and my finish times have been between 1600 and 1700.
Having said that…
By the time I’ve been to the supermarket, got home,had my tea,washed the pots,packed my snap and had a shower and shave…I’ve literally about 30 mins,before it’s time to go to the pub.

4 eleven hour shifts a week , start lunchtime , every friday sat and sunday off

Sutto2018:

biggriffin:

what was pay like

Round these here parts, they reckon Mick George £33k

indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=a … &from=serp