What happened to the A14 wanderer

Some of you might remember the old boy that used to wander the A14 from end to end, he did this for so many years, I couldn’t put a number on it.
Anyway, I was thinking the other day that I haven’t seen him for a while and i was wondering if any of you chaps out there know where he is or what’s happened to his wandering?

Sent using smoke signals

A truck went over him apparently.

Perhaps he took a spur onto the new bit, fell off an incomplete bridge and died?

ezydriver:
A truck went over him apparently.

I take it, he died then.

Sent using smoke signals

toonsy:
Perhaps he took a spur onto the new bit, fell off an incomplete bridge and died?

Perhaps your a [zb]

Sent using smoke signals

Is that the white haired older chap you used to see wandering around near Thrapston sometimes, always looked happy enough in his life though it can’t have been easy.
Haven’t seen him for ages.

lizard:
Some of you might remember the old boy that used to wander the A14 from end to end, he did this for so many years, I couldn’t put a number on it.
Anyway, I was thinking the other day that I haven’t seen him for a while and i was wondering if any of you chaps out there know where he is or what’s happened to his wandering?

Sent using smoke signals

Take it you mean the old fella in the scruffy hi-viz jacket, and beard, I’ve seen him near Stamford, Bedford and baldock, haven’t seen him for a while, he just appears, see him for a week then “pouff” he’s gone.

biggriffin:

lizard:

Sent using smoke signals

Take it you mean the old fella in the scruffy hi-viz jacket, and beard, I’ve seen him near Stamford, Bedford and baldock, haven’t seen him for a while, he just appears, see him for a week then “pouff” he’s gone.

Yes, that’s the 1. I only ever saw him on the A14.

Sent using smoke signals

Juddian:
Is that the white haired older chap you used to see wandering around near Thrapston sometimes, always looked happy enough in his life though it can’t have been easy.
Haven’t seen him for ages.

Yes, that’s the chap. He had a couple of tents along the A14 that he used to sleep in.

Sent using smoke signals

He is probably richer and happy than a lot of us.

last time I saw him he was limping quite badly, maybe he’s taken up agency work. :blush: yes that was bad

I saw him about a month ago on the A15 just north of Bourne , like previously stated i also have seen him all over the place A11 ,A47 , various places on the A14 , think one of the first places i saw him was on the A43 near Silverstone that must have been at least 14 years ago ,

When i ve seen him i often wondered the circumstances led to that life , & how he decided where to walk to …

Must have been a tough existence through the winters though…

lizard:

toonsy:

Perhaps your a [zb]

Sent using smoke signals

Perhaps you are?
What of it, internet hard man? :unamused:

Norfolkinclue1:

lizard:

toonsy:

Perhaps your a [zb]

Sent using smoke signals

Perhaps you are?
What of it, internet hard man? :unamused:

Calm down, calm down.
I

lizard:

toonsy:

Perhaps your a [zb]

Sent using smoke signals

Perhaps I am.

But I’m not the one lashing out over pixels on a computer screen :slight_smile:

Let’s try and pretend to be grownups eh?

Attack the post, not the poster!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Saw him…

Two days ago limping, but still doing a reasonable pace going east on the A52 between Grantham and Bicker.

yourhavingalarf:
Saw him…

Two days ago limping, but still doing a reasonable pace going east on the A52 between Grantham and Bicker.

Which agency is he on for? :blush:

Money crap that part of the world, best if he heads back to the A14

When I started driving in the 60s, there was an old boy, quite famous at the time, who worked his way up and down the A1. Of course, there were no motorways then and you would see him trudging along on the right-hand side of the road, pushing an old pram full of stuff.

He used to head North in the summer and then back down South in the winter.