Digi Tacho Unit not working

As the title says…the Digi Tacho Unit isn’t working and the vehicle needs to go into the tacho center tomorrow to sort out the problem. There’s nothing on the display and there’s no possibility of doing a print-out pre-journey? What should be done? Thanks in advance.

Personally I’d just make sure I had the defect note for it and take the shortest route to repair centre. It’s similar to MOT, you can drive a defective vehicle to an authorised repair/MOT so long as it’s booked in advance

So this is no different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you not get up to 7 days for a defective tacho as long as you have manual records of your driving, other work etc?

Just rip a piece of digital roll off your mates tachograph and do a manual record, ask for a photocopy of the job sheet from the workshop

Third post down seems to quote from the rulebook on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22314

Essentially says you have to make manual records on printout paper and take it straight to the centre, don’t pass go and make sure you do collect your £200 (or wages).

For one thing VOSA / DVSA might ask for the mileage accounted for if they audited esp if the unit data can be retrieved.

Thanks for your replies. The last one was particularly interesting from trevHCS. In fact, your company telephoned head office and they said to use an analogue tachograph disk and fill that in. I suppose it would form some kind of record.

Get two log books. They’ll be all right. :wink:

Mooping:
Thanks for your replies. The last one was particularly interesting from trevHCS. In fact, your company telephoned head office and they said to use an analogue tachograph disk and fill that in. I suppose it would form some kind of record.

You can write/draw a manual entry on either a chart or the back of tachograph printing paper.

The important thing is that you manually record all of your activities.

Sent from my mobile.

Just prey you don’t get stuck in stop start traffic otherwise you’ll have to count 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3 mississippi up to 60 mississippi for your minutes driving and other work (when stopped) so you can log it all accurately on your tacho roll. Make sure you’ve got a whole tacho roll so you can record it all. When this has happened to me I made sure I wrote it down as it was happening. Example: driving 19:38-19:39, other work 19:39-19:42, driving 19:42-19:44, other work 19:44-19:45… you get the idea. The upside to this is that you don’t need a break, but just record it, so if VOSA stop you, you can show them your tacho roll(s) and they’ll believe you.

ezydriver:
The upside to this is that you don’t need a break

Working all…

Day without a break is an upside? :unamused:

ezydriver:
Just prey you don’t get stuck in stop start traffic otherwise you’ll have to count 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3 mississippi up to 60 mississippi for your minutes driving and other work (when stopped) so you can log it all accurately on your tacho roll. Make sure you’ve got a whole tacho roll so you can record it all. When this has happened to me I made sure I wrote it down as it was happening. Example: driving 19:38-19:39, other work 19:39-19:42, driving 19:42-19:44, other work 19:44-19:45… you get the idea. The upside to this is that you don’t need a break, but just record it, so if VOSA stop you, you can show them your tacho roll(s) and they’ll believe you.

Personally I’d book the time from the start of driving to the end of driving as driving, unless you’re absolutely desperate to save some driving time there’s no point in wasting time recording stops of a minute or two.

I know you’re supposed to record all activities but even the DVSA won’t expect you to start counting seconds while waiting at lights ec’t.

You could always use a tachograph app on your phone to record driving times automagically reasonably accurately based on gps… copy this on to the tacho roll with the bic printer…

ytrehodluap:
You could always use a tachograph app on your phone to record driving times automagically reasonably accurately based on gps… copy this on to the tacho roll with the bic printer…

Thanks for all your replies. What’s the ‘bic printer’?

[emoji996]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

yourhavingalarf:

ezydriver:
The upside to this is that you don’t need a break

Working all…

Day without a break is an upside? :unamused:

No, but working all day without needing a break is, meaning you can choose not to, if it’s inconvenient :unamused: