Crane Driver Salary

Bloke in RDC waiting room the other day, blabbing on about his mate being on £100k a year for driving a tower crane. Anyone know what they really get paid?

A quick mooch on indeed shows jobs for £18/£19 an hour so if it’s true he must be working 100 hour weeks lol

Don’t think you can just start at the top… :laughing: :unamused:

trekxor:

Dad! How are you?! :laughing:

Drempels:

trekxor:

Dad! How are you?! :laughing:

[emoji23]

I did ask one of the slingers on a site in Paddington how much the crane operators were on, and he told me on average they are on 65K a year.

About 2 and half grand to train to operate one. Same as class one. Just saying.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The sheer thought of being in an even smaller metal box stuck high up in the air, coupled with the swaying motion would negate me ever doing that. Lost my head for heights a long while ago following a fall. I just couldnt do it… whatever the money.

Falling is not the issue, its when you land. There was a “reality” tv show about it ,most likely on youtube. I think that a younger person should train to be a primary school teacher . They are on mega bucks and no weekend work.

The region of £60k isn’t too far away. Mate o mine used to do it, contract work all over the country for weeks at a time. He came home one weekend and wife just nipped to the shop . She never came back, he’s now a single parent on benefits with three kids to care for . Says he loved the job and the money but he would have preferred a proper family . If only hindsight was foresight.

As a career I’d guess that you’d have to start at the bottom of the ladder

alamcculloch:
I think that a younger person should train to be a primary school teacher . They are on mega bucks and no weekend work.

I can assure you teachers are not on mega bucks. My girlfriend is a primary school teacher and she works all evening, most of the weekend and through the holidays. None of these out of school hours are paid for

syramax:
The region of £60k isn’t too far away. Mate o mine used to do it, contract work all over the country for weeks at a time. He came home one weekend and wife just nipped to the shop . She never came back, he’s now a single parent on benefits with three kids to care for . Says he loved the job and the money but he would have preferred a proper family . If only hindsight was foresight.

Has he checked the shop?

Wheel Nut:

syramax:

Has he checked the shop?

^^^^^^^
:smiley: :smiley:
thats the story he is telling us…
never mind the shop,has anyone checked under the floorboards or the back garden?? :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:

syramax:

Has he checked the shop?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A mate drives a mobile crane and he earned 85k last year and I saw his p60 but he didn’t see home much and worked pretty much every weekend and bank holiday

Wheel Nut:

syramax:

Has he checked the shop?

Ffs :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
Has he checked the shop?

6 months into his marriage an acquaintance of mine told his wife he was just nipping down to the shop to “get a lightbulb” and disappeared, it later transpired he went to Skegvegas for a year working on the fairgrounds. Reluctantly he returned later to the matrimonial home to visit his wife. Now I would say she was a bit dumb but the 1st thing she said to him when she opened the door and saw him standing there was … “where’s the lightbulb?” :laughing:

peirre:

Wheel Nut:
Has he checked the shop?

6 months into his marriage an acquaintance of mine told his wife he was just nipping down to the shop to “get a lightbulb” and disappeared, it later transpired he went to Skegvegas for a year working on the fairgrounds. Reluctantly he returned later to the matrimonial home to visit his wife. Now I would say she was a bit dumb but the 1st thing she said to him when she opened the door and saw him standing there was … “where’s the lightbulb?” :laughing:

Bloody hell :laughing: I’ve often wondered how people get jobs at fairgrounds and what it’s like. I should think all the rigging is hard work. I’ve always imagined that you had to be part of the family that owned it (are they all family-run?) or they just hired casual workers. If it’s the latter, the process intrigues me. Is it a pssst, wanna job to people that do the Cricklewood shuffle or word of mouth? Never seen an advert for those kind of jobs.

I sold my house to a bloke who rigged tower cranes and he was on about 70k. He bought my house for 175k cash but was never there.

sent using smoke signals