I Shouldn’t Need To Ask This

I’m not too clear on compensatory rest :blush:

Reason being, I’ve gone back to tramping, and the last time I did this sort of work, nobody cared about such trivialities :smiley:

When I did local stuff, I did alternate 5/6 day weeks and all was fine on the weekly rest front. That would seem to be similar to running in on a Saturday or running out on a Sunday every second week.

Am I more or less correct, or do I have to keep a diary and add up how many I need to pay back over a rolling 3-week period?

Apologies for the silly question that’s probably been answered loads of times. I did have a search but got bogged down in personal examples. Just looking for something standard or a generic example. All info gratefully accepted! Thanks in advance.

If your doing a 5-6 then on your 5 day week as long as you get a 48hr rest yam be fine.

Note when you finish, however short it falls by 45 hours, you need to pay back on top of a regular 45 hour weekly rest in one go. Unless you’re reducing by a lot it’s quite easy to pay it back on the alternating weekend without any special arrangements.

Sometimes it’s possible to pay back small amounts on the end of a daily rest too but normally that’s just if you’re an hour or two short if a full 45 weekly.

P.S I know you know but always keep a track of your hours.

Perfect! Thanks very much chaps, roughly what I was thinking too.

Have a lovely weekend! :slight_smile:

If you want to follow the KISS philosophy, have a 45 hour rest every second weekend, and add to it the shortfall from the weekend before.

I’ll be working a short shift tomorrow, so my weekend rest will end up being around 39-40 hours, easily compensated for by having a Friday finish and a Monday start next weekend.

Harry Monk:
If you want to follow the KISS philosophy, have a 45 hour rest every second weekend, and add to it the shortfall from the weekend.

I follow more the KISS MY ARSE phiosophy nowadays :smiley: , if ever it’s suggested I do minimum and/or reduced weekly rests.
Done all that ■■■■ for ■■■■ years before now, …just can’t be arsed nowadays. :neutral_face:

robroy:

Harry Monk:
If you want to follow the KISS philosophy, have a 45 hour rest every second weekend, and add to it the shortfall from the weekend.

I follow more the KISS MY ARSE phiosophy nowadays :smiley: , if ever it’s suggested I do minimum and/or reduced weekly rests.
Done all that [zb] for [zb] years before now, …just can’t be arsed nowadays. :neutral_face:

I normally do a Saturday shift every other week at this time of year, but then I only work six months a year so I figure I ought to make the effort when I am working.

Harry Monk:

robroy:

Harry Monk:

Done all that [zb] for [zb] years before now, …just can’t be arsed nowadays. :neutral_face:

I normally do a Saturday shift every other week at this time of year, but then I only work six months a year so I figure I ought to make the effort when I am working.

Sounds like a good shift pattern does that Harry…6 months on 6 months off. :smiley: