A50 7.5t limit

Come off the M6 at junction 18 and head to Holmes chapel, just after you leave the roundabout there’s a big yellow sign saying something along the lines of 7.5t limit in force on A50 London road, HGV seek alternative route. Or something like that. Get to the junction on the A54 with the A50 and truck sav is sayinf turn right, and other HGVs are turning right. (This is at night). So is there a weight limit there or not? And if not what is with the sign? Is is a case of it’s a temporary weight limit but most drivers are just choosing to ignore?

There is a 7.5T weight limit but it’s through the town centre,you missed it as did the trucks you were following…

It’s where the red circle is…

The locals campaigned to get a 7.5T limit,never used to be,because the church wall kept getting hit,and it isn’t wide enough for 2 HGVs or 1 hgv and a dozy car driver who sits 3ft from the kerb…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have turned right at the lights, gone along Chester rd, then right back onto A50,. Your truck nav needs updating, or throwing away, my Tom Tom, knows sends me round

What annoys me is than a signage. It mentions street names which is fine if you know them but if you don’t… something like 7.5t limit in operation on whatever it’s called road.

Why not just remove the confusion, put a black sign up saying A50 turn right at the lights etc?

toonsy:
What annoys me is than a signage. It mentions street names which is fine if you know them but if you don’t… something like 7.5t limit in operation on whatever it’s called road.

Why not just remove the confusion, put a black sign up saying A50 turn right at the lights etc?

I so agree if your not local to am area then see a sign weight limit on sesame street. Errr wheres th at I’m I going that way?

Or low bridge on sesame street hgv use coronation street. And am where is that then.

What ever happened to low bridge /weight limit follow the arrows or sign posts .

So turning off right form the A54 onto the A50 (which is still called london road at that point) is fine? The weight limit is if you were turn left there? So my sat nav is actually correct if that’s the case

DickyNick:
So turning off right form the A54 onto the A50 (which is still called london road at that point) is fine? The weight limit is if you were turn left there? So my sat nav is actually correct if that’s the case

Yes you’ve avoided the weight restriction.