Carrying Tachograph records previous 28 days

Is this required by law you print our the current days and store the last 28 days driving period held in your cab?

No it’s on your card if they want it.

You only need to do a printout if you have an infringement or are explaining an infringement. I exceeded WTD 6hr rule due to traffic. Did a printout, wrote on the back my reasons and kept it for 28 days

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:
You only need to do a printout if you have an infringement or are explaining an infringement. I exceeded WTD 6hr rule due to traffic. Did a printout, wrote on the back my reasons and kept it for 28 days

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Or if you’ve had to correct an entry on the card, or the tachograph stops working, or your card is lost/defective and stops working.

In fact there is no requirement to produce a printout just because you have an infringement - it’s only needed if you have some explanation for going over your driving time.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

can vosa or even police read what’s on the card without a printout?

There’s no law that says you have to do or carry printouts for anything other than to record or explain an unavoidable deviation from the regulations.

You need to carry with you your driver card and any charts and legally required printouts for the last 28 days.

Braveheart2009:
can vosa or even police read what’s on the card without a printout?

Yes the DVSA have card readers that’s how they check your records at a checkpoint.

I doubt many police can read your card but generally they don’t need to anyway.

Your legally required to have enough printing paper to do printouts if it’s required by anyone who has the authority to ask for them, though I’ve never heard of anyone being asked to do printouts at a roadside check.

Sent from my mobile.

I know BTP and traffic police carry card readers as I’ve had my card read by both. Doubt general police will carry them
Also port police I think (Liverpool definitely do)

Coop require you to carry 28 days paper records with you.
Some other firms may require the same as well.

Co-op (and others) can require their drivers to say 12 Hail Mary’s every time they get in the cab if they wish - the question was about legal requirements, not company hoop-jumping.