Other jobs within the industry

I wasn’t sure where to post this as I’m not a driver wannabe…
What other jobs are there that involve working with trucks? My husband drives and I share his knowledge and passion, but I have no desire to drive them. So I wondered what else I could do within the industry?

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Various roles at truck dealers/workshops from admin through reception/customer service to technician.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
Various roles at truck dealers/workshops from admin through reception/customer service to technician.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don’t forget truck valeters

CarrieAnders:
I wasn’t sure where to post this as I’m not a driver wannabe…
What other jobs are there that involve working with trucks? My husband drives and I share his knowledge and passion, but I have no desire to drive them. So I wondered what else I could do within the industry?

Set up your own firm and employ your husband! Though I don’t recommend it!

That would be amazing but certainly a far fetched dream right now. And definitely don’t have a typical valeting body… Though I’d very happily give the cabs a clean!

Joyride them then write about it for the trade press. :grimacing:

(Earns you peanuts, but it’s fun… :stuck_out_tongue: )

Freight forwarder.

All you need is two telephones, tell the person on the first telephone that you want £600 to take his goods from A to B, then tell the person on the second telephone that you will give him £300 to take the goods from A to B.

Simples! :stuck_out_tongue:

Peanuts is fine! I can’t write for toffee though!

Harry Monk:
Freight forwarder.

All you need is two telephones, tell the person on the first telephone that you want £600 to take his goods from A to B, then tell the person on the second telephone that you will give him £300 to take the goods from A to B.

Aha, now that I could do!

You really need to speak to Dipper Dave he’s the ideas man on this forum,I’m sure he could find you something,thank you.

What about becoming a transport manager or dare I say planner.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

To be a TM they want ‘experience’ now.

It’s not just the Inter CPC paperwork anymore. They won’t look at you without experience and you can’t get experience without doing the job

2 years Class 1 all over again…

Harry Monk:
Freight forwarder.

You need a reliable client that’ll not ■■■■ you about, and a reliable trucker that’ll not ■■■■ you about.

Getting both at the same time - that’s the hard part! :sunglasses:

Park a caravan in a lay-by and make tea and bacon cobs for men [emoji12]