In calibrated

Mate of mine got stopped in london gate way by von vosa,got hundred quid fine because the calibration was out of date,going back to oct,so how many of you check the sticker, don’t no if they were being a jobs worth, I did not no you had to check that on your walk round

That’s odd because the DVSA enforcement sanctions booklet shows an ORN (offence rectification notice) for an out of date tachograph calibration :confused:

Was he using a defective tachograph by any chance ?

Yes I think they said it was not recording all of the time, I don’t no if he new that or vosa pointed it out to him

My tacho display was screaming at me that calibration was due for about three months before it lapsed every time I turned the truck on…

malcolmgbell:
Yes I think they said it was not recording all of the time, I don’t no if he new that or vosa pointed it out to him

That makes more sense, if the tachograph hasn’t been working correctly for some time they may have taken the attitude that the problem should have been noticed.

Still a bit surprising they put in on the driver though, is your mate an owner driver by any chance ?

No employed , I don’t know how they missed his motor the rest of the fleet have all been done

Fitter might not notice the tach had a problem, but he sure as hell should have chekced the cal date on the sticker on its 6/8 weekly inspection, basic stuff.