New class 2, unitruc, JKS group info needed

So not sure if this is the correct area. It worth a shot.

Any info and such would be great.

I’m a new class 2 driver and passed November 2017 and have signed up to various agencies and had nothing.
I have my parents who are both drivers keeping ears open for me as they have a big network of friends and contacts but the main issue is experience and insurance cost due to lack of.

Does anyone have any good info on unitruc for class 2 driving, JKS group ltd in Rochford, or any other company I could try.

This is what I got from Unitruc on fb In reply to asking the 5day a week and hours (good or bad)

Unitruc
for a class 2 driver on a five day week we pay £450 basic, plus £50 no damage, plus £50 weekly attendance (in Mon-Fri) and overtime after 11 hours at £10 per hour. If you finish before 11 hours that is to your benefit. Average salaries before tax are £600-£650 per week.

By their own figures you’d have to do 70-75 hours per week to see £600-£650…and they’re claiming that’s the average therefore some are doing even more hours…

Tied… I think you have read it wrong, £450 basic + £50 no damage + £50 attendance = £550

Means to get average before TAX figure of £600-£650 he needs to do an extra 5-10hrs OT a week. I wonder though if he does a 12hr shift followed by a 10hr shift the payroll decide no OT.

mrginge:
Tied… I think you have read it wrong, £450 basic + £50 no damage + £50 attendance = £550

Means to get average before TAX figure of £600-£650 he needs to do an extra 5-10hrs OT a week. I wonder though if he does a 12hr shift followed by a 10hr shift the payroll decide no OT.

You spotted my deliberate mistake…! :blush: :grimacing:

Unitruck pay about the average but if you put in the hours you can get a good wage . I can tell you from past experience with them they are nice people to work for.
I think the rigids pull in Gefco livery but don’t quote me on that

Good bunch at unitruc richard the owner and the fitters.
But you willbe maxing your hours.

jks good alround tipper company on i think about £10 hour nowdays. 7am till 5pm

I’d prefer jks over unitruc, i’m not into doing stupid hours.
i’m sure jks will only take experienced drivers.

I was offered a job at a company called RC Haulage in basildon essex, told me the wage per month before tax, and I never went back. (£1600) before tax, had a friend go there he walked after two weeks, had to fight to he owed wages, trucks are terrible, he was left out over night as his broke down for the 4th or so time had. I info what was going on and didn’t find out until calling the mechanic that the owner ordered the new part rather than collect the truck, didn’t tell the driver was fixed at 6am the next day, he broke down later after. Ion the day before. Got to the yard at 8am Was told to go home have a hours kip and come back for his next ■■■■. Let’s just say he told them where to go. They push him to his max hours every day even passed sometimes. He said he was doing 11 hours minimum a day.

There’s much better paying tipper firms in the east London essex area but might be good for a bit of practice.

WEll iv had. o calls from 4 angenices I have signe support to, starting to regret it a little. But unitruc sound ok. Managed to find out that the weekly attendance is daily so that’s helps as I have IBD and have to have a off here and there for medication and blood tests and all that crap.

They said it’s palletised delivery so if anyone has done this or can tell me more about it…
Sound asilly but unitruc may be my only option right now to get in the experience door.