Refresher Training, Essex

Hi all,

Not been on here for a fair while now. I passed both my class 1 & 2 licences first time with Peter Smythe back in August 2015. I had an awesome experience during the training and really enjoyed driving the trucks. At the time of passing I was working in the security industry and upon returning from my class 1 course I was given a promotion at work. It was a good opportunity so I decided to carry on with security and forgot about the driving ambitions.

That brings me to today where I find myself unemployed after the security company folded.

My HGV licence CPC and Tacho cards have been burning a hole in my pocket for a while. So it’s the right time to dip my toe in the water and give this driving lark a try.

My problem is I have not driven any type of large vehicle since 2015 so I am thinking a few days refresher training would not go a miss.
I would probably be looking at class 2 work for a start but would like to do some class 1 refresher as well.

Does anyone know of any good training schools in Or around Essex that would be worth looking at that could provide this sort of training. I would want it as realistic as possible reverse onto a few bays etc.

Would be happy to pay a reasonable amount for a decent 3-4 day program looking at rigid and artics and also a brush up on tacho rules etc.

If nothing reasonable in the south east I will give Petes office a bell see what they could offer.

Cheers for any help in advance.

Dhoot training southall ask for Peter

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I used flair training based in Chelmsford and would recommend. Consider the fact though that 3-4 days training is about the same time it takes to learn from scratch.

You’ll probably find it will mostly come back to you within a day or two of driving so definitely wouldn’t lay out for three to four days. As for a brush up on tacho rules why not just do a cpc course and get some hours in there at the same time?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Half a day on CE should have you sorted

Cheers for the replies everyone.

Blooming good point about using the Tacho training towards CPC hours. I will get onto that ASAP.

When it comes to the training duration, I suppose I just wanted to leave the refresher feeling as confident as possible. Now I think about it 3 days seems a little over the top.

I will give Flair a call and see what they suggest.

Cheers again

3 training school that are local to me in south essex west thurrock and Leigh on sea area are roadtrain , newcroft & Robinson training and also all do driver cpc course

Road Train, west thurrock were spot on with me.

Don’t waste your hard earned. Half a day will be very adequate. A whole day would be luxury!

And we’re obviously happy to see you again if you cant find a good alternative.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: