Running engine and jumping out

Any restiction if running engine and jump out to closed trailer door or…■■?
Friday pick up trailer and start driver out from buy.Truck go very hard.I stop and jump out to check trailer parking brake released or not.When jump truck parking brake was applied ,engine running,door opened.In this time walk near some company manager and come to me.He ask what i done wrong??I said who nothing.He said it is danger,illegal jump out when engine running because engine can magical or… released truck parking brake and truck roll back and kill everyone around.When i couple trailers or reversing i was jumping out with running engine thousand time.Who is wrong in this situation ??Or we both wrong was.I not start dispute to him because more easy ,less problem talk yes,yes,sorry .

Just close the door each time, they’ll be happy and leave you alone, really.

Doesn’t matter who’s wrong who’s right.
You did the right thing.
Yes, yes, sorry and off you go.
No point wasting time and energy for some c**t.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

read this and laugh.
drivingtesttips.biz/driving … nning.html

I “think” it is an offence to leave a vehicle with the engine running. Something to do with not having proper control. I could be wrong though.

However as you found yes sir, sorry sir, won’t do it again sir and forget about it

read the above…£20 fine…can you handle it?
different story if you stop at a peage and run round the front of the truck instead of clambering over the cab to pay the toll and you come under the scrutiny of frogplodwatch who will be standing in front of you watching for that very thing.

kcrussell25:
I “think” it is an offence to leave a vehicle with the engine running. Something to do with not having proper control. I could be wrong though.

However as you found yes sir, sorry sir, won’t do it again sir and forget about it

My job screwed then. We have to leave the engines running for the pumps to work.
I could be 60 meters away from the truck when its running.

If running the engine can cause the brake to release i would be defecting the truck very quickly.

The only exception might be those with the electric parking brake as they seem capable of releasing when you accelerate. I guess in theory if the computer reved the engine it could maybe cause that.

In this case it just sounds like a manager who’s heard about it happening from the bloke / lady in the waiting room, who knows a driver, who knows a warehouse bod who knows…

i think everyone reading this will have been a lawbreaker at some point in their life,though no doubt there will be someone who has never done this illegal act.
thesun.co.uk/motors/4854082 … ance-fine/

trevHCS:
If running the engine can cause the brake to release i would be defecting the truck very quickly.

The only exception might be those with the electric parking brake as they seem capable of releasing when you accelerate. I guess in theory if the computer reved the engine it could maybe cause that.

In this case it just sounds like a manager who’s heard about it happening from the bloke / lady in the waiting room, who knows a driver, who knows a warehouse bod who knows…

In this situation was Scania.Yes if leave new Volvo with this new parking sistem(what for me absolutely don t like) that it is another situation.

dieseldog999:
read this and laugh.
drivingtesttips.biz/driving … nning.html

Read this in you link.Couple minute and may be under minute when driver close door not same.Plus yard not public road.Generally, if the vehicle is stationary and is likely to remain so for more than a couple of minutes, you should apply the parking brake and switch off the engine to reduce emissions and noise pollution.

Can’t leave Volvo running, it shuts down after 30 seconds, auto shut down, can be over ridding.

Anything fitted with a HIAB means you have to leave the cab with the engine running.