Knauf Immingham

Anybody done it?

Nice to go to a place with co.operative helpful staff for a change.

Went in last night with 1 and a half hours sp/over left, gave the guy my ref no, got the reply
‘‘Not due to load until morning drive’’
I explained that was a bit off a ball ache as my plan was to load tonight then go to Mercs for inspection in morning loaded, so all I had to do was just go when done and dusted.
So said …‘‘Now I’ll have to come back here via inspection which would just balls up my next day schedule’’ (in a friendly way :smiley: )

Anyway the lad went out of his way to get the load on the today list (he didn’t have to :bulb: ) and I backed on to a bay soon after.

Took longer than expected, time was getting tight, so they let me drop trailer in bay …AND park on site (which is a rarity nowadays)
Not only that but the shunter brought my trailer back and parked it next to me …AND he had strapped it all up for me. :open_mouth:

Ok it’s a ■■■■ boring story :blush: :smiley: but I just thought it made a pleasant change from most places in the UK nowadays where they go out of their way just to ■■■■ you off for the hell of it. :imp:
So nice one Knauf and Thanks.

And quite right to praise a decent place, and decent people, when you come across them.

Chapeau Knauf.

Dare say you were polite and respectful and communicated in a polite manner though :sunglasses: , which usually brings a more fruitful response than whining and grunting :open_mouth:

Very nice to hear Rob after all the room and gloom stories from over there, hope you take the shunter a beer next time!

Ssshhhhh…! Somebody will be on a disciplinary for this! Nice one Knauf Immingham… :slight_smile:

short walk:
Very nice to hear Rob after all the room and gloom stories from over there, hope you take the shunter a beer next time!

Yeh and just to ■■■■ off all the anti EE guys, the shunter was Polish.

What did he polish■■? :slight_smile:

Round of applause for Knauf Immingham…

Let’s hope the management don’t see this thread because everyone involved will be disciplined over some H&S bullcrap issue.

yourhavingalarf:
Round of applause for Knauf Immingham…

Let’s hope the management don’t see this thread because everyone involved will be disciplined over some H&S bullcrap issue.

Well if they do that’s my fault. :frowning:
It’s a sad case though if giving somebody some positive feedback is frowned upon and taken as a negative.

I’ve loaded out of there a few times mate for various subbies. They’re usually spot on. Don’t get the standard ‘forkie’ attitude that you get dealt in some places. To top it all, the ■■■■ in the transport office is a bit of eye candy as well!!

Thats great ROB, as you say, it doesnt happen often, especially to get loaded a day early…well done to them.

Hope you utilised your break by sampling the local err soft drinks in The County Rob? :wink:

It’s always a nice when you get somewhere and they go out of their way to help you out, and it’s amazing how far being polite and respectful when you deal with people gets you.

I sometimes wonder if with places like Immingham having had such a long reliance on HGV traffic for the local economy they are just more accepting, as a large amount of the locals are linked to trucks either by friends/family or their job.

Obviously Tilbury shoots this theory down in flames though…

Sittingbourne is much the same as long as you’ve a high viz & steel toe cap work boots it’s all easy peasy and no probs they have a product that needs to be delivered so why mess around, loads out the gate mean money in the bank (hopefully)

the maoster:
Hope you utilised your break by sampling the local err soft drinks in The County Rob? :wink:

Didn’t bother mate, it was raining, getting late and a bit of a walk anyway.
Fond memories of The County Hotel, The Solway Club, and The Cross Keys (which I noticed is now demolished :cry: .)

Immingham was my second home about 15 or so years ago, was even weekended there a couple of times.
I remember going in there to watch The World Cup England games 2002
It was played in Japan so the games were 6am ish, and they gave you a free breakfast :sunglasses:
Some of the locals were on pints at that time of the morning :open_mouth: :smiley: , but glad to see none of the drivers were,… yeh good days then.
Got to know a lot of the locals.

Noticed the truck park is no longer free but 12 quid to park now, it actually belongs to The County Hotel now I think.

kjw21:
I sometimes wonder if with places like Immingham having had such a long reliance on HGV traffic for the local economy they are just more accepting, as a large amount of the locals are linked to trucks either by friends/family or their job.

As does Purfleet and Thurrock area around it.
Crap holes of the highest order.

Good to hear of people and places where all seems to work well.
I’ve never been there but I’d have a little bet thst Knauf are a good employer??
Happy people, content in their work are likely to give good service etc etc. A virtuous circle.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Good to hear of people and places where all seems to work well.
I’ve never been there but I’d have a little bet thst Knauf are a good employer??
Happy people, content in their work are likely to give good service etc etc. A virtuous circle.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

It probably helps if you’re not easily board… :slight_smile:

robroy:

kjw21:

As does Purfleet and Thurrock area around it.
Crap holes of the highest order.

There’s good reason Ford pay the money they do, you’d want some serious wonga to have to live within commuting distance, you feel like you need a shower just driving down the bloody A13.

What a bloody tip the whole area is.