Daily Printouts?

I understand that there is no legal requirement to take daily printouts…however the rules also state that I must be able to produce “charts and any legally required manual records for the current day and the previous 28 calendar days”…so to ensure that I can always fully comply with the regulations I do in fact need to take daily printouts as they would be required in the event of a lost or damaged drivers card…Right?

Wrong - printouts only become legally required after you have lost/damaged your card (or where handwritten corrections had to be made or written explanations given for deviations from the rules).

Roymondo:
Wrong - printouts only become legally required after you have lost/damaged your card (or where handwritten corrections had to be made or written explanations given for deviations from the rules).

^^^This, no other printouts are legally required.

Thanks!
The quote regarding what the driver was required to produce was taken directly from VOSA’s website “charts and any legally required manual records for the current day and the previous 28 calendar days” so I take it printouts are not classed as legally required manual records? If I don’t keep the daily printouts should I be keeping any other form of manual records?
Just wanting to check that I am being 100% complaint with the rules and regs.

Legally required printouts are printouts done because your driver card is lost/stolen or faulty, and printouts done to explain a deviation from the regulations such as if you have to go over your driving time because of an unforeseeable hold-up.

No other form of manual record is legally required for the drivers hours regulations.

Printouts that you do for your own records or because of company policy are not legally required printouts and do not legally need to be kept.

Thanks for clearing that up for me - very much appreciated!