Anybody use a Yi Chinese dashcam?

My cheap Screwfix dashcam has given up the ghost 4 months in so have got me money back and am now on the lookout for another one and apparently these Yi ones are ok so anyone any experience with them ?

I’ve heard the camera view is like looking through a letterbox

I had one of those…

E-Prance ones from China.

Good solid construction, nice quality picture and it took a 64 gig card no problem.

4 months later, everything stopped working. I mean like dead, no picture, lights or anything. Despite pressing the reset button/charging it fully/talking nicely to it, it has refused to come to life again. I sure as hell wasn’t gonna send it all the way back to China to possibly never be seen again.

yourhavingalarf:
I had one of those…

Good solid construction, nice quality picture and it took a 64 gig card no problem.

4 months later, everything stopped working. I mean like dead, no picture, lights or anything. Despite pressing the reset button/charging it fully/talking nicely to it, it has refused to come to life again. I sure as hell wasn’t gonna send it all the way back to China to possibly never be seen again.

All camera maked in China.My Nextbase as well stop working after 5 month

yourhavingalarf:
I had one of those…

That’s the problem when they go wrong you ain’t got a lot of hope of getting it sorted.

You surely don’t need it for work, not when you’ve got the good old Microlise unit telling you where to go, lol.

busteredwards:
You surely don’t need it for work, not when you’ve got the good old Microlise unit telling you where to go, lol.

Dash cam I’m after, anyway we have the forward facing ones as you know but just fancied being able to download my own footage from time to time.

Oops!..must read posts properly before replying. :blush: :blush: :blush:

I’ve had a cheap eBay camera around £30 picture quality was ok but broke after 2 months of everyday use. I currently have been using nextbase for 8 months with no problems. Not cheap £100 odd quid bought from a store so no hassle if something does go wrong.

Andrejs:

Am I the only one who read that with a Chinese accent in their head? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:

Andrejs:

Am I the only one who read that with a Chinese accent in their head? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it’s the only thing I don’t understand…Chinese! :grimacing:

Get a Vicovation dashcam i have had mine now four years used every time in the truck. It cost me £124 works great. Cheap ones do not last the nextbase ones are rebranded cheap ones Go on to www.dashcamtalk.com and read the reviews on all types of dashcams and go from there

or better still…dont buy one at all…that way you can save money…ha ha. I do however have a chines one at £19.99…never been used, still in the boot of the car…no manual but did manage to download one…one day, i might set it up…but i`ve managed so far without…tbh, what i really would like is one that goes the length of my trailer ( well 2 in fact L&R ) and also covers the fuel tank ) now those are worth their weight in gold…at a decent price.

Got a Kehan, possibly SMS 01. Works very well, never fallen off the screen either.

E-Prance got it off Amazon.
I’ve had mine over a year with no problems as it’s been said it will take a big memory micro card.
I’ve only bought it to cover me arse with the fools now on the road banging through red lights at silly o’clock in the morning.
I re set / format the card every 2 weeks and have it set to start up and run when the ignition is on.