Younger drivers

Was parked in a small truck stop on Wednesday night. About 18.30, a truck pulled in and parked. Not a problem. Unfortunately the driver was about 18/19 years old. The problem was that the radio, as most young kids do, was at MAX sound level. :imp: Just saying. :smiley:

Next time this happens be sure to tell someone on here right away, no doubt we will drop what we are doing and musture at location and help you with the load noise.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Was parked in a small truck stop on Wednesday night. About 18.30, a truck pulled in and parked. Not a problem. Unfortunately the driver was about 18/19 years old. The problem was that the radio, as most young kids do, was at MAX sound level. :imp: Just saying. :smiley:

You sure the hearing aids weren’t turned up to much

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

can’t really call what these youngsters listen to as music nowadays,particularly rap,as my dad once said put a C in front and that sums up rap nicely

Different times, different music… I used to have some big speakers I took off an old Amstrad audio stack system I had at home (anyone remember them stack systems?) and wired it into my radio cassette player blasting out the likes of Dire Straights, REO Speedwagon, ELO etc. whilst tanking down the motorway.

SWEDISH BLUE:

You could have turned into your dad, happened to me years ago.

I noticed when I parked in the services today and turned of the engine that my radio was rather loud. I have put it down to going deaf rather than an affection to listening to Rick Astley :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

Talking of music, anyone else find their taste has changed/ expanded over the years? Used to be fan of loud rock and dance years ago, but much prefer more mellow stuff these days when driving and also when I’m night trunking, just general conversations the presenter has with guests on their show or callers. Can’t be doing with loud music at 3 in the morning anymore.

andy_s:
Talking of music, anyone else find their taste has changed/ expanded over the years? Used to be fan of loud rock and dance years ago, but much prefer more mellow stuff these days when driving and also when I’m night trunking, just general conversations the presenter has with guests on their show or callers. Can’t be doing with loud music at 3 in the morning anymore.

Absolutely not. I liked loud music when I was young, and like it still. I have found other music over the years (Google mongolian throath singing…) that I equally like, but my taste has not changed.

Nothing better than an empty road at night, and Rammstein at full blast…

Buck Dich…

What’s wrong with young drivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James96:

Everything, they use the phone whilst driving, they work for penuts, they â– â– â– â– /toss the boss off, they drive â– â– â– â– â– â–  they work 45+ hours

shall I continue?

tommymanc:

James96:

Everything, they use the phone whilst driving, they work for penuts, they â– â– â– â– /toss the boss off, they drive [zb]. they work 45+ hours

shall I continue?

Yeah, go on. Continue.

I’m 19 years old and been driving trucks for almost a year now and I don’t use my phone I have hands free I earn amazing money and drive well and I tramp

James96:
I’m 19 years old and been driving trucks for almost a year now and I don’t use my phone I have hands free I earn amazing money and drive well and I tramp

With such an obvious talent for grammar , I am surprised you Chose to drive a lorry for a Living !

I think it’s called old age and you are doing what the older drivers did. Just not as in depth ie in my day we had a plank of wood for a bed and ice was on the inside etc … you younger drivers have never had it so good blah blah blah.

Leave the young ones be.

discoman:
I think it’s called old age and you are doing what the older drivers did. Just not as in depth ie in my day we had a plank of wood for a bed and ice was on the inside etc … you younger drivers have never had it so good blah blah blah.

Leave the young ones be.

+1

Don’t matter a toss if the driver making noise is old or young. Don’t matter if the noise is rap or The Archers or shouting. Inconsiderate behaviour is . . .inconsiderate…

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

tommymanc:

James96:

Everything, they use the phone whilst driving, they work for penuts, they â– â– â– â– /toss the boss off, they drive [zb]. they work 45+ hours

shall I continue?

Youngsters using the phone whilst driving? So nobody else does that? I saw 2 drivers blatantly flouting that law yesterday, both were in their 50’s at a guess. One was sat at a busy roundabout next to go holding the phone to his right ear making it more difficult to look right for a gap to go!

The rest of your post reads like you resent the youngsters for being enthusiastic and energetic [emoji39] In most industries young newbies have to get a start by showing they’re willing to start at the bottom of the pay scale and work hard. That’s how they learn the trade so later in life they can get the best payed jobs, work to suit themselves and don’t forget how hard it was at the start, becoming bitter and resentful. I still remember how many doors were shut in my face for having no experience until a good firm reluctantly gave me a chance. I worked my socks off to prove myself [emoji4]

James96:

…but…do you ■■■■ the boss off under his desk…?