M6 northbound closed serious crash jun35/36

m.facebook.com/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ … 71/?type=3

Just been released from closure at j35 on slip. Police reckon another 3 hours before reopening.

Keith Marshall
Hey Nichola McGregor james got diverted last night and went under bridge marked 4.5 mtr and my trailer is 4.85mtr and opened the roof like a can of soup lol

Must have been hilarious… berk.

What on earth speed was the car driver doing to cross the central barrier? Only car I’ve seen manage that was a BMW X5 which dropped it’s backend on top of the barrier near Penrith (when X5’s were new) but I thought only trucks could manage to jump them normally?

As for the 16’ arched bridge, is the 16’ clearance actually wide enough to get a near 16’ trailer under it? Trying to visualise which one it is, but arched bridges always worry me when it’s only a little bit in the middle which has the full height.

this one …
google.co.uk/maps/@54.15279 … 6656?hl=en

trevHCS:
What on earth speed was the car driver doing to cross the central barrier? Only car I’ve seen manage that was a BMW X5 which dropped it’s backend on top of the barrier near Penrith (when X5’s were new) but I thought only trucks could manage to jump them normally?

It didn’t actually crossover, it was originally reported as a crossover, after arriving on scene, it was established as a very serious 2 vehicle RTC, which required the occupants of one of vehicles to be cut out by fire brigade. One has sustained life changing injuries.