Anyone work for DHL?

Ive seen a job avertisement for DHL in Livingston, was wondering if anyone has worked for them, what wagons they use etc dpdhl.jobs/job/livingston/d … 86/3819448

I’ve worked for DHL for 13 years now,good place to work they will expect you to comply with the rules ect.
I’m guessing that’s the Nisa contract as I know they have a depot in Livingston,it’s hard work but good pay if it is Nisa,multi drop 8-15 drops per day pay is 30-33k a year.

Ive worked for DHL in the past, its great if you get the right contract (open book contract, management et all) where the customer pays everything.

If you’re on a closed book contract where dhl have to squeeze margins to get a profit they ain’t so good.

Nisa livingston is a open book contract, they do a hell of a lot of stores in scotland and northern england. Think its 250+

They also share their yard with BP garages, dominos, iceland irish trunks and probably others too. Most dhl sites are getting retasked to maximise space and efficiency so this is becoming common to share yards.

If you get a driving assessment at livingston, the guys name will be grant. Tell him you’ve just joined slimming world (its all he bangs on about) and you’re into cage fighting and you’ll get on like a house on fire :laughing:

Haha cheers lads

avoid getting ANY infringements…it’s a major crime at DHL

carryfast-yeti:

Same with any big company,too many infringements will get noticed and the traffic commissioner loves to make example of big companies (ask stobards),this is the reason why and rightly so…it’s really not difficult to get through the day without an infringement!!

Be good at paperwork & learn to write down the same information multiple times, we have to write our arrival & leaving times on 3 different pieces of paper, write down all our recycling/returns on 2 different pieces of paper, as well as our check sheet & defect book (if we find defects) I reckon that it takes me over an hour a day to do the admin [emoji57]
& we have to fill up every day regardless ! I put about 40 litres in the duel tanks the other day [emoji22] (pointless !)

Been offered it a few times through agency. Passed their test drive etc but didnt like the vibes i got at all from them. Good money as well tbh but after speaking to a few folk who have worked for them and finding out about Telematics gave them a wide berth

xichrisxi:

carryfast-yeti:

Same with any big company,too many infringements will get noticed and the traffic commissioner loves to make example of big companies (ask stobards),this is the reason why and rightly so…it’s really not difficult to get through the day without an infringement!!

never had an infringement then chris? :open_mouth: several struggling at our place…drive 1 minute over your time trying to avoid a 2nd unpaid break/night out…that’s an infringement :frowning:

I take a infringement if it means getting a load off, if I turn up somewhere on 4:25 and they close in 10mins I’m not going to stop outside for 30mins :laughing:

When I was at DHL Tradeteam they waited 3 months to tell me I need to show 15mins other work in the morning. I said fair enough, then he got out about 60 pages of A4 for me to sign each ‘infringement’ individually so I sat down for a while doing administration. That was my last day there as I got the agency to move me on.

Some of us can’t work for the blue chips :laughing:

I work there every weekend on the Iceland contract. Decent lads and kit. They are strictly compliant and they do keep an eye on everything via telematics plus de-brief after every shift to highlight any issues etc. There are worse jobs out there