Tachograph problems

Where do I start tried doing a manual entry this morning as first day on the job and spent an spent near half hour in the warehouse before going to my truck.
Well it looked on tge printout like I have done it incorrect.

Then about 5 pm after a six am start the seat vibrated and tachograph screen went red !!
was this telling me I was nearly due a break ? I took one anyway in the next 10 minutes so I had a 45 and a 15 total drive time was near 8 hours
To tall work time 13.

Then to top it all off I put myself on rest and ejected my card but had to put it back in the yard as had to move tge truck.
On my drive home I am thinking I never went back onto rest when I ejected it again, how can I remedy this tomorrow ?

Dazza1shot:
Where do I start tried doing a manual entry this morning as first day on the job and spent an spent near half hour in the warehouse before going to my truck.
Well it looked on tge printout like I have done it incorrect.

In what way did it look incorrect ?

Dazza1shot:
Then about 5 pm after a six am start the seat vibrated and tachograph screen went red !!
was this telling me I was nearly due a break ?

The tachograph flashes a message on the screen 15 minutes before you need a break it doesn’t make the seat vibrate :smiley:

I trust you had a 45 minute break before exceeding 4.5 hours driving time ?

Dazza1shot:
Then to top it all off I put myself on rest and ejected my card but had to put it back in the yard as had to move tge truck.

I wouldn’t have bothered putting the card back in just to move the vehicle.

Dazza1shot:
On my drive home I am thinking I never went back onto rest when I ejected it again, how can I remedy this tomorrow ?

When you put the card in tomorrow and you’re prompted to do a manual entry select “Yes” and check that the period from when the card was ejected is recorded as rest.

First, DON’T PAAAAANIC it will be alright in the end. Did you ever wonder why there are so many new passes like yourself cocking up manual entries and not knowing how to use the brand or version of machine in front of them on their first shift?

It’s because all your tests and all your CPC courses or modules have little bearing on you, in the real world, in the dark, and under pressure.

So let me say it again. Don’t panic, lots of mistakes are made every single day. Nobody dies from it, and no one gets a multi thousand pound fine and jail time.

Simply put, no one can tell you exactly what you have done wrong, without seeing a daily print out from the end of your shift yesterday. As for not switching it on to break before ejecting, don’t worry about that either, its only certain brands and types that is specific to, and what’s done is done, you’ve got a better than evens chance of there being no issues regarding that. Just do a manual entry to cover from the end of your shift to the beginning of the next one as rest, should cover all eventualities.

Next shift, grab the nearest handsome trucker you can find and ask him to go over it as you put your card in.

Learn it, and you will be fine.