break down

coming back to the depot with one of our old trailers and the trailer wheels locked up on a set of traffic lights,tried what I could with the suzies,taking them off,re connecting but nothing,so I put the hazards on and called our fitter out,i lost count of the amount of idiot car drivers who parked behind me then when the penny dropped they forced themselves into the other lane [two lane right turn section I was on the N/S]I even walked behind to make sure the hazards were working[they were fine]why some average car drivers are such dicks is beyond me

They are thick, I have seen broken down lorries on roundabouts and slip roads, and these idiots drive up to the back of the trailer and just sit there ,amazing , we share the road with them .
Its the same when reversing, they drive two feet away from the back of the trailer and honk their horn or start shouting abuse.
The thing is , when I start the reverse, there were no cars to be seen .

I had a breakdown van from Scania behind me with its beacon on on Wednesday they still went up and sat behind it. Sounds like a chamber went could you not wind It off

alix776:
I had a breakdown van from Scania behind me with its beacon on on Wednesday they still went up and sat behind it. Sounds like a chamber went could you not wind It off

my mechanical knowledge is very basic unfortunately,i have allways relied on company fitters when I have broken down,maybe these trainers should incorporate basic mechanic skills when prospective drivers take their hgv lessons,could be a good idea,me personally I would not have a clue

not usually a good idea better to learn it once you’ve passed your test

I broke down in my car once at a very busy t junction. I had my hazards on and people still kept pulling up behind me and beeping even though I wasn’t even sat in the car.
A while later a police car happened to come past and he parked up behind me with his lights on and yet still people were sat right behind him waiting for him to pull forward at the junction. :unamused:

He even commented how stupid your average driver was.

I had a breakdown with a bus once so I stuck the hazards on and went out to open the engine flap. Even when I opened it the car behind started beeping his horn and gesturing me to move. I looked at him and pointed to the hazards and flap but STILL he didnt get it.

The-Snowman:
I had a breakdown with a bus once so I stuck the hazards on and went out to open the engine flap. Even when I opened it the car behind started beeping his horn and gesturing me to move. I looked at him and pointed to the hazards and flap but STILL he didnt get it.

Was he flickin his interior light on and off or bibbin his brake lights at the dame time ■■?

Car drivers are thicker than a whale omelette shocker!

In other news, night follows day.

:grimacing:

toby1234abc:
They are thick, I have seen broken down lorries on roundabouts and slip roads, and these idiots drive up to the back of the trailer and just sit there ,amazing , we share the road with them .
Its the same when reversing, they drive two feet away from the back of the trailer and honk their horn or start shouting abuse.
The thing is , when I start the reverse, there were no cars to be seen .

Our wagons are fitted with reversing cameras (which would not be obvious,of course,to the average car driving muppet).

I love reversing towards them,pretending that I haven’t seen them :laughing: :laughing:
Trouble is,I drive different wagons,and the camera angles and images differ slightly from truck to truck,so one day,I will probably get it wrong,and ■■■■ the aforementioned muppet :unamused: :unamused: …Shame :sunglasses:

Must admit I enjoy that too. One day i heard the car behind sounding their horn so I stopped, waited a few seconds then continued reversing. It was like having parking sensors. I stopped when the warning noise became continuous. :wink: