Sadiq Kahn's direct vision to ban most construction vehicles

Again looks like operators will have to pay out for new vehicles while there is still no onus on educating the other road users involved in these accidents.
Maybe operators should pull out of London and leave the construction industry dead in the water.
freightinthecity.com/2016/09/lon … ht_in_City

m1cks:
Again looks like operators will have to pay out for new vehicles while there is still no onus on educating the other road users involved in these accidents.
Maybe operators should pull out of London and leave the construction industry dead in the water.
freightinthecity.com/2016/09/lon … ht_in_City

These silly people who believe that there does exist an ideal world are welcome to it all.
I have no stake in the outcome and will be getting as far away from these as I can.

Shame the country is going down this road, may as well be the Yellow Brick road for what the outcomes are going to be.

Coo superb news.

ring ring…hello…its me boss, you know that new lorry i was due later next year…yes…well i’ve decided i’d rather let one of the other lads have that out of the goodness of me heart and i’ve become so attached to me old one i don’t want to lose her :wink:

puts phone down goes off dancing a jig singing ‘‘no more crap hole London for meeeeeeee tra la la’’

Soon it’ll be imposed on all wagons everywhere in the country I bet.
Time to consider a career change?
Thing is that coaches have similar blind spots and yet are never subject to such regulation. And service buses, they drive around with terrible, little mirrors and are deemed to be safe.

The mind boggles !

I just heard it on LBC. What a nosher. Yet more ‘onus on the truck driver and owner’. After a glittering 3 month Cat C career, I’m glad I’m giving it up in a week and going back to my previous trade :unamused:

Lorries designed in the 1970s and for use in a quarry have no place on the streets of a 21st century city.

They do when they’re delivering the stuff you need from a quarry. Can’t see any of these “direct vision” things making it even halfway down the access road.

It’s says hgvs are involved in 28% of RTAs…so what are they doing with the other vehicles that are involved in the other 72% RTAs,buses/taxis/cars ect??

Conor:

Lorries designed in the 1970s and for use in a quarry have no place on the streets of a 21st century city.

They do when they’re delivering the stuff you need from a quarry. Can’t see any of these “direct vision” things making it even halfway down the access road.

^^^^ Yes, let 'em get on with it, sooner they build a bloody great Hadrians wall just inside the M25 the better, and make it a bicycle only zone.

Conor:

They do when they’re delivering the stuff you need from a quarry.

The worst thing to ever have come out of the 1970’s was that dictatorial zb. :imp: :unamused:

Juddian:
^^^^ Yes, let 'em get on with it, sooner they build a bloody great Hadrians wall just inside the M25 the better, and make it a bicycle only zone.

To be fair you can go a fair way inside the M25 without being within that zb’s juristiction.

The bloke is an absolute ■■■■. Yet again bash the easy target and milk the cash cow. If you look at a modern truck on site work, there’s not a great deal left to improve them. When will the powers that be accept that in 99% of cyclists deaths, the cyclist went up the bloody inside of the truck :unamused:

It’s education we need. You can make these trucks as safe as possible, but if those around don’t know how to conduct themselves, it’s all pointless

Carryfast:

Juddian:

To be fair you can go a fair way inside the M25 without being within that zb’s juristiction.

at the moment

xichrisxi:
It’s says hgvs are involved in 28% of RTAs…so what are they doing with the other vehicles that are involved in the other 72% RTAs,buses/taxis/cars ect??

+1

OVLOV JAY:
The bloke is an absolute ■■■■. Yet again bash the easy target and milk the cash cow. If you look at a modern truck on site work, there’s not a great deal left to improve them. When will the powers that be accept that in 99% of cyclists deaths, the cyclist went up the bloody inside of the truck :unamused:

It’s education we need. You can make these trucks as safe as possible, but if those around don’t know how to conduct themselves, it’s all pointless

+1

Do alot of deliveries in the peak district and early this year I overtook a wanna be bradley wiggins going up a hill gave him plenty of space then whilst going down hill through a set of bends the muppet overtook me on a bend only to slow right down 200 metres further down the road where it went flat. :smiling_imp:

The ones that go straight through red lights really get my back up.

Juddian:

Carryfast:

Juddian:

at the moment

We can only hope that what’s left of the home counties’ local authorities will have the sense to stand their ground in that regard.At least unless they want to create a house price crash here when we all rush for the exit. :open_mouth: :wink:

I don’t see his career ending well, I hope they are going to appropriately rename London too and build a security fence around it and don’t allow any of the invaders out of it

tommy t:
I don’t see his career ending well, I hope they are going to appropriately rename London too and build a security fence around it and don’t allow any of the invaders out of it
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/29/mayor-khan-plans-to-defy-brexit-with-separate-immigration-system-for-the-capital/

There should be enough evidence there for the law to arrest him on grounds of incitement and have him removed from public office for abusing his position by acting outside his remit.Bearing in mind that the GLA’s local government remit doesn’t trump national government immigration policy or a national referendum vote regards Brexit.

Let as many drivers as possible bombard TFL to let Khan know exactly why his ideas are way out of focus, not to mention that most cyclist deaths could be avoided if he banned them instead…and its mostly their fault for running red lights, riding up the inside of trucks as they are turning left, and using most of the road as they possibly can…this plan is utter madness, unless he has money invested in truck builders. :confused:

xichrisxi:

Where does it say that? The article in the link says HGVs are involved in 22.5% of pedestrian fatalities and 58% of cyclist fatalities (despite only accounting for 4% of the miles driven).

They should just blanket ban trucks from London. Id be happy never to drive there again in any size vehicle.
See how long untill the city is on its knees.