CPC 35 Hour Training

Hi,

I passed my CPC Mod 4 on Monday for my Class 2 license, but when it comes to renewing the CPC do I only have to do one lot of 35 hours for both my Class 2 and my Bus license, or is counted as two lots of 35 hours? Lastly if it only one lot of 35 hours, would the training I have already done towards my Bus CPC still count for both?

Hope this kind of makes sense, Thanks.

35 hours CPC covers both bus and lorry. Your 35 hours that you did for your bus will only be added to your lorry if you did these hours after you passed your lorry mod 4. At least this is the way that I understand it.

carlston49:
35 hours CPC covers both bus and lorry. Your 35 hours that you did for your bus will only be added to your lorry if you did these hours after you passed your lorry mod 4. At least this is the way that I understand it.

Thank you for your quick reply, I had a feeling that would be the case but through I would check.

Not 100% sure, I think some cpc maybe lgv related and some pcv but check before booking as doing 70 hrs would be nightmare!

As stated - to cover both LGV & PCV the courses must not be LGV or PCV specific

ROG:
As stated - to cover both LGV & PCV the courses must not be LGV or PCV specific

Are you sure about this ROG?

Most of my courses are LGV specific, but once uploaded to DVSA dual licence holders are getting their new DQC for both C and D.

I know DVSA don’t like anyone with just D attending a course approved for C but the DVSA system allows it to be uploaded, then JAUPT get onto the Training provider for allowing it and the Training could then be cancelled.

So - as far as I know. Dual licence holder can attend either a dual licence course or a course approved for C or D and it will count for both categories.

As long as each Category is present on driving licence e.g Cat. D and Cat. C1+E then any approved DCPC Periodic Training module will count as 7 hours towards the required 35 hours. Doesn’t matter whether the 7 hour module is approved for LGV, PCV or both.

Think of it this way: If I hold Cat. D PCV licence but also have Cat. C1 on my pre-1997 licence there’s nothing to say I won’t fancy a little job driving 7.5 tonne trucks for a while - so i am entitled to sit on LGV-specific modules, as well as PCV-specific. Of course this could work vice versa.

The only way the 7 hours wouldn’t count is if the driver holds only Cat. C entitlements or indeed only Cat. D entitlements (usually a PCV driver who passed his car test after Jan. 1997) then they are only entitled to sit on relevant or ‘dual’ approved modules. Or if a newly qualified driver sat on a 7 hour Periodic Training module without 1st passing Module 2 & 4 for the relevant Category of licence entitlement.

Thank you all for your advice, it all helps me plan ahead with what courses and when to complete them by.