A positive note about an agency

Well I signed up with an agency last week filled out all the forms etc and thought that would be the last I’d here off them… well less than a week later I’ve had a phone call and a txt confirming I have a weeks work starting 6:00am Monday 11 miles from my house so not all bad.

Let’s hold judgement until you start shall we? :wink:

Bust of luck though! :smiley:

Baldy91:
…well less than a week later I’ve had a phone call and a txt confirming I have a weeks work starting 6:00am Monday…

Come back and let us know how it’s going at 6:05am on Monday, just before you drive home and get back in bed. :laughing:

Contraflow:

Baldy91:
…well less than a week later I’ve had a phone call and a txt confirming I have a weeks work starting 6:00am Monday…

Come back and let us know how it’s going at 6:05am on Monday, just before you drive home and get back in bed. :laughing:

Pmsl :laughing: :laughing:

Contraflow:

Baldy91:

:laughing: :laughing:

Contraflow:

Baldy91:

With your 8 hours pay for doing nothing

mac12:

Contraflow:

Baldy91:

That has to last you for the rest of the empty unpaid week :laughing:

Baldy91:
Well I signed up with an agency last week filled out all the forms etc and thought that would be the last I’d here off them… well less than a week later I’ve had a phone call and a txt confirming I have a weeks work starting 6:00am Monday 11 miles from my house so not all bad.

A weeks worth of work on a Friday soon turns into a phone call on Sunday saying “change of plans, shifts are cancelled. We’ll let you know if we get anything else”.
Dont get too excited just yet.

Contraflow:

Baldy91:

Let’s be a little optimistic, he should let us know Monday PM that they’ve Cancelled the rest of the week (Tues onwards) due to volumes not meeting expectations.
But as Snowman has stated, the OP should expect a call Sunday evening cancelling

mac12:

He’s only just got his foot in the door so I doubt they’ll pay him anything

Or the alternative is the newbies at an agency get shed loads of work to give them false hope for the future, while the long timers are sat at home thinking, “That used to be me.”

Ken.

Now it’s Monday the assembled masses are probably curious to find out if the OP actually worked today, and what will be happening tomorrow etc

Well sorry to disappoint all but I’m now on my second day of work with the agency as promised.

Baldy91:
Well sorry to disappoint all but I’m now on my second day of work with the agency as promised.

I’m happy to be disappointed (can’t beat a good oxymoron for lunch). Good for you.

Which agency are you working for.

This is the busiest time of year anyway so full weeks should be no problem, Jan, Feb, March and april are the real indicators

Baldy91:

Well you haven’t been paid yet so don’t get carried away with yourself. :wink:

I’m just getting back into hgv driving after a lot of years, knocking out my CV to various companies with no luck yet and thinking Agencies may be my last resort… and the comments from you guys are not helping with my optimism :smiley:

andy_s:
I’m just getting back into hgv driving after a lot of years, knocking out my CV to various companies with no luck yet and thinking Agencies may be my last resort… and the comments from you guys are not helping with my optimism :smiley:

In my experience a smallish, local agency is less likely to screw you over than one of the big nationals.

Contraflow:
Well you haven’t been paid yet so don’t get carried away with yourself. :wink:

Nor has he got to his 4th/5th/6th shift without being cancelled

Love the positive attitude out there - for Christ’s sake, give the bloke a break, will you!

We all know there are bad agencies out there, but there are also some damned good ones, too - I’ve experienced them, both as a driver and as an employer.

IF he’s signed up with a rogue, then he’ll find out soon enough, but don’t put him off before he’s even started!

Steve