Vosa and zinc out of Immingham

Beware some of you!

I got pulled at Immingham on the way out of the dock. Usual formalities then he asked, “Can you open your curtains please?”.

We had a discussion as to why I had to open BOTH curtains when opening the back doors or just the front part of the curtain would have been suffice! Needless to say he wanted to see both sides all the way :unamused: :unamused:

I had Zinc on for Joseph Ash at Walsall, 19 pieces in total. Normally I would only put 1 strap over each bundle but because I needed a 45 on the dock I chucked 2 over (no queue, I was not holding anyone up and I’m not hourly paid :wink: ) Then another 30 minutes showing other work while I had a sandwich from the mobile van before you pedants start :wink: In no rush at all!

He was a bit miffed I think because not only was the load strapped perfectly (driver in front - seriously done for no straps at all, wheels chocked/clamped :open_mouth: ) but mine was spot on. He near on gave the truck a friggin MOT though :unamused: underneath unit/trailer and even walked on the catwalk for some reason :unamused:

Checked card etc and mentioned that 2 weeks ago I pulled up at 4.27 drive and shouldn’t really drive that close :laughing: Ok I’ll remember for future :wink:

Jobsworth cockead springs to mind. :angry:

dri-diddly-iver:
Beware some of you!

I got pulled at Immingham on the way out of the dock. Usual formalities then he asked, “Can you open your curtains please?”.

We had a discussion as to why I had to open BOTH curtains when opening the back doors or just the front part of the curtain would have been suffice! Needless to say he wanted to see both sides all the way :unamused: :unamused: :

Would he make you open curtains if it was raining, because assuming Zinc is weather sensitive, like tin plate, then who’d pick up the cost of the damaged load :open_mouth:

4h 27!..amateur!, you had at least another 1m29sec…hanging the job out!!! :laughing: (cue a 5page thread from the tacho bores telling me how wrong I am and to think of the children :laughing: )

That still only makes him 4h 56. Sending out boys to do men’s jobs… I don’t know what it’s coming to.

Did you do a manual entry when you reinserted your card for the time it was in VOSA possession.

DCPC myth or the last thing the buggers can get you on.
Bit like the Great Escape German Gestapo checkpoint trap of “Good Luck”, triggering a give away “Thank you” from our would be escapees.

Or leaving ones passion sock in the cab.

Dipper_Dave:
Did you do a manual entry

Why does that sound so wrong :laughing:

dri-diddly-iver:
because I needed a 45 on the dock I chucked 2 over (no queue, I was not holding anyone up and I’m not hourly paid :wink: ) Then another 30 minutes showing other work while I had a sandwich from the mobile van before you pedants start ::

So you worked whilst on break in the 1st instance then had 30 min work showing whilst having break ?
And you wonder why VOSA gave you a near full mot,
Ever thought they knew what you had done but just took you through the whole process just to hold you up.

Their only doing a job , it might seem petty that they took their time but then you may say your actions if I got the gist of your break petty .

Dipper_Dave:
Did you do a manual entry when you reinserted your card for the time it was in VOSA possession.

Bit like the Great Escape German Gestapo checkpoint trap of “Good Luck”, triggering a give away “Thank you” from our would be escapees.

Why would you take your card out there’s no need to

DVSA mentioning the 4.27 is odd. I’ve a problem with that for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the law is 4.30. Not, 4.29, not 4.15. So grumbling about being close to the law isn’t really on. They’re there to ensure compliance with the law, not personal limits each DVsa Waller comes up with.

Secondly, what is the actual point of aiming to pull over at say 4.10? It’s not to arrive each time at 4.10. That would be pointless. It’s to allow for any problems finding parking. So on that principle, you may have planned to pull over at 4.10 but couldn’t get parked and it was 4.27 when you did get parked. That’s the whole point?! Wallys

He asked you to open your curtains politely hoping you hadn’t secured your load like his other victim, you know, he had no probable cause to check your load and had no power to request that you do, you could have politely said no.
Some would say that would result in VOSA going to town with the rest of the check, which he did just so he could try and fine you for something which he failed.
VOSA work to guidelines, your man overstepped the guidelines by asking you nicely, next time say no, I very much doubt he would go to extremes to have them opened if there is no evidence of an insecure load from the outside.

nick2008:

Dipper_Dave:

There is a need to if they want to download your 8nfo of it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

nick2008:

Dipper_Dave:

Er no that can be all done via the vdu

nick2008:

daftvader:

nick2008:

Dipper_Dave:

Er no that can be all done via the vdu

Fair enough…Thought they used the same sort of card reader we use when we are back at base…Wich we have to remove the card to use.

most card readers double as a download tool for the trucks head unit too. It will download the info off the drivers card while it’s still in the head, while also downloading the truck data

Where abouts were they? I did not see any sight of them on the way into the dock from the West Gate around 12:30ish.

nick2008:
So you worked whilst on break in the 1st instance then had 30 min work showing whilst having break ?

Yes pedant that is correct. I personally find that the compulsory 30 minute second break is really not necessary as I get bored after 20 minutes.

I hate waiting for the clock to tick over so I can pull away!

If I’m not against the clock then it’s different. No harm done, no children or families hurt, no delays caused, no body parts carried so no rush…what is the problem?? Vosa nice as pie (albeit I think ■■■■■■ off) when near destination I parked up, couple of beers and KFC - fantastic!

dri-diddly-iver:

nick2008:

Yes pedant that is correct. I personally find that the compulsory 30 minute second break is really not necessary as I get bored after 20 minutes.

I hate waiting for the clock to tick over so I can pull away!

If I’m not against the clock then it’s different. No harm done, no children or families hurt, no delays caused, no body parts carried so no rush…what is the problem?? Vosa nice as pie (albeit I think ■■■■■■ off) when near destination I parked up, couple of beers and KFC - fantastic!

So your really no different to johnny European running bent then argue the toss because you got pulled

Oh and the 2nd split break mad made a min 30 min was because drivers could legally drive for 8 hrs 59 min with only a 15 min break :unamused:

I’m very different :unamused: I was only running to Walsall and I’m English.

I chose to do it that way because it suited me!