Downloading Digital Card

So news to me yesterday when I went out on job with a veteran…

He says are you downloading your card…

Total blank on my face…

So with the delivering trucks around the country I have been using my card even though the other drivers say you don’t need one as on trade plates and domestic rules apply (not convinced so did not take their advice). I cant say that I have driven continuously over 4.5 hours but yesterday did a drive to Bristol and Back to the Midlands and did take a break for an hour so legal and used my card.

Anyway I have no where to download my card as usually delivering to hire/sales places, auctions or to new dealerships and not actually moving product…

Please advice…

If you’re on domestic regulations and using the tachograph instead of log books you will need to download the data from the driver card so your company can keep a record of your work, you don’t download the card data at the customers premises you download the card data at your place of work.

Having said that if you’re delivering vehicles and that’s all your company do then I believe your probably exempt from domestic regulations, you need to ask your boss about this because it is quite important if you want to avoid fines.

By the way, when you use your driver card are you putting the tachograph on “out of scope” ?

First job i had which i left employer asked for card to download it hahaha

I had no idea either :laughing:

tachograph:
If you’re on domestic regulations and using the tachograph instead of log books you will need to download the data from the driver card so your company can keep a record of your work, you don’t download the card data at the customers premises you download the card data at your place of work.

Having said that if you’re delivering vehicles and that’s all your company do then I believe your probably exempt from domestic regulations, you need to ask your boss about this because it is quite important if you want to avoid fines.

By the way, when you use your driver card are you putting the tachograph on “out of scope” ?

As I am a agency getting conflicting info…permanents are using domestic rules whilst temps should use card!!

Better read up on “out of scope” as I have not an idea how this could apply