Doesnt seem fair

Just been given a parking ticket for bumping up on the kerb ok lesson learned next time park fully on the road whats got my blood boiling is so have seven cars in front of me and not one has a ticket question is are they exempt and if not why have i been targeted

I had the same on a side street in Westminster. The road was narrow so bumped onto the pavement for the delivery so cars etc could drive past. Got a ticket, so everytime I went there after I stopped against the kerb and stopped anything bigger then a car getting past for 30mins.

keepthefaith:
Just been given a parking ticket for bumping up on the kerb ok lesson learned next time park fully on the road whats got my blood boiling is so have seven cars in front of me and not one has a ticket question is are they exempt and if not why have i been targeted

Sounds like grounds for an appeal. Have you got pictures of how you were parked and the other cars?
Get on to the Pepipoo forum for some great advice about parking tickets issued unfairly.

Do believe it is illigal to park on the path in the Capital…But not anywhere else…So not sure an appeal would work

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Was it on the kerb?? As far as I’m aware the kerb is part of the road, if you were over the kerb and on the pathway I doubt you’ll be able to do much about if unfortunately

Highway Code rule 246 … Vehicles over 7.5t MUST NOT park on the verge, pavement etc without Police permission unless this is essential for loading/unloading in which case the vehicle MUST NOT be left unattended

It may be that the cars weren’t committing an offence … although Rule 244 stops ANY vehicle parking on the pavement - but only in London.

Unfortunately, and stupidly - you’ll have to partially block the road and cause yet more congestion

daftvader:
Do believe it is illigal to park on the path in the Capital…But not anywhere else…So not sure an appeal would work

There’s talk of pavement parking bans being introduced country wide and not just London. Was news last week.

rocketsquadron:

daftvader:

There’s talk of pavement parking bans being introduced country wide and not just London. Was news last week.

Yeah i also heard that…Have a big problem with it in the road i live in…I thought it was illigal until i looked on google…

about time pavement parking was banned , it has come to a point where fire and ambulance struggle to access most of our local streets . people buy houses with no frontage and expect to park several cars on the street . i complained to the police about cars parking across the junction of our road , meaning that we had to drive out into opposing traffic , to be told 'we don’t handle parking issues , it’s down to the council now . i thought that obstructing the carriageway was an offence but we only have plastic plods now and they have no powers .dave

Trouble round here where I am is the school’s. An asronist lives close by believe it or not lol and the fire brigade has been numerous times. I kid not.
People dumping cars here there and everywhere. New access and nursery added after we moved in and it’s steadily got worse.
Word to the wise. It is not illegal too park over someone’s driveway, it only becomes an issue when the home owner wants out. If the parked car owner refuses to move then it’s obstruction.

Parked in local Iceland car park before Xmas, around 5pm. Went back next day roughly same time. Since then I’ve had a letter demanding £100 FPN for parking 24 hours, looks like the silly ■■■■■■■■ have seen me go in one day and come out the following day. Yesterday got a letter from some scumbag debt collector telling me I have to pay £160 or it goes to court, they have cited a supreme court ruling against a driver. Trouble is, there’s no way I can prove I didn’t overstay

rocketsquadron:
Trouble round here where I am is the school’s. An asronist lives close by believe it or not lol and the fire brigade has been numerous times. I kid not.
People dumping cars here there and everywhere. New access and nursery added after we moved in and it’s steadily got worse.
Word to the wise. It is not illegal too park over someone’s driveway, it only becomes an issue when the home owner wants out. If the parked car owner refuses to move then it’s obstruction.

does he keep setting fire to his own house or the school ? or do the fire brigade just come round on the off chance of some extra work, pace about a bit asking bewildered residents if they can smell burning.

Hey Rat. That’s what you get for causing me headaches while I am trying to deliver. Lol.

Rat67:
… there’s no way I can prove I didn’t overstay

No CCTV or tacho records to prove otherwise?

Rat67:
Parked in local Iceland car park before Xmas, around 5pm. Went back next day roughly same time. Since then I’ve had a letter demanding £100 FPN for parking 24 hours, looks like the silly [zb] have seen me go in one day and come out the following day. Yesterday got a letter from some scumbag debt collector telling me I have to pay £160 or it goes to court, they have cited a supreme court ruling against a driver. Trouble is, there’s no way I can prove I didn’t overstay

Don’t they have to prove you did?

Burden of proof is on the claimant. You have a right to disclosure of evidence.

Parked up in a layby in Thurock my ns wheel was up on the kerb so the unit was away from the traffic, woke up to a ticket stuck on the windscreen for obstructing a footpath

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Road Traffic Act defines the highway as extending from verge to verge, including any footpaths/cycle paths.

And as has already been said, pavement parking in London is Verboten for all vehicles.

As for parking with one wheel on and being hit for causing an ‘obstruction’, I was under the impression that the obstruction has to be unambiguous (ie, total).

Anyhow, bubsy, you may be able to challenge your ticket on a technicality - HGV’s are banned from pavement parking, and this is what your ticket should have been for, not really for obstruction. Sect 19 RTA1988.

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/19

Rat67:
Parked in local Iceland car park before Xmas, around 5pm. Went back next day roughly same time. Since then I’ve had a letter demanding £100 FPN for parking 24 hours, looks like the silly [zb] have seen me go in one day and come out the following day. Yesterday got a letter from some scumbag debt collector telling me I have to pay £160 or it goes to court, they have cited a supreme court ruling against a driver. Trouble is, there’s no way I can prove I didn’t overstay

I doubt they have entrance/exit cameras so surely the only evidence they can have is two photographs of you parked, with the time difference indicating that you didn’t move. Did you park in exactly the same bay both times?

Supreme Court versus Beavis, Parking Eye can now legally take you to court and obtain a judgement in their favour :imp:

I received one about 3 week ago showing entry and exit photos, Lidl in Kingsbury London and I live near Inverness !!. Thing is I sold the car 3 months ago as DVLA confirmed so why they sent it to me I am still waiting to find out :open_mouth:

And the car was there for 3 minutes over the allowed time, £70 they want which equates to £1400 per hour, nice little earner …