THE PDU-UK "Q&A"

My name is Barrie Tozer.
I have asked Rikki his permission to allow this so you and I can have a “Question & Answer” session about the PDU-UK. If need be the original format with a subscription and reasons for needing a subscription and its closure, and also the new format

In a very short time there has been much comment on the PDU-UK in previous threads, and on FB, some true and some not so true, so the only way you can consider its merit or not is to answer your questions to hopefully inform you correctly, so we can achieve the aims of the PDU.

I will answer your questions about the PDU-UK with honesty and to the best of ability.

I will NOT answer questions of no relevance or of past events between TN & TW, the past is the past.

“Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your lives”

So the future is what is important not the past.

I will respect this forum, respect you and try to answer your questions, I ask you offer the same respect. Admin will no doubt watch closely and I hope remove irrelevant content rather than close to allow a good discussion and to keep on track.

The PDU-UK is about unity of UK Truckers.

I cannot be on here 24/7 so please allow time to reply.

A summary & Statement has been posted on page 35

Barrie Tozer:

Good luck with that. I’m off to herd some cats… :wink:

Barrie Tozer:

Unfortunately this will NEVER happen.
The old school of drivers has gone.
And will never return.
I for one can’t wait to retire be it at least 10 years away.

What date is it today :question: :wink: :laughing:

SERIOUSLY - is the PDU a union or if not then what type of organisation is it :question:

It is not a Union and in a sense it is not a Organisation.

The PDU-UK is just offering a platform so Drivers can unite under one Name, and in time recognition.

This would hopefully lead to easier communication for Drivers to Industry and Industry to Drivers.

Hi Barrie,
Great to have you here for some Q & A.

May I get the ball rolling by asking why the quick change from £25 per year to £5 for life subscription.

Also what key obstacles presented themselves in preventing growth.

Dipper_Dave:
Hi Barrie,
Great to have you here for some Q & A.

May I get the ball rolling by asking why the quick change from £25 per year to £5 for life subscription.

Also what key obstacles presented themselves in preventing growth.

I Think it was completely my fault for being too ambitious with its aims and trying to do more than maybe drivers wanted, although harsh comments also made the change neccessary

The Main thing is that in some form or other, Drivers will never have a say in this Industry unitl we can be heard and recognized as a body

Hence in one form or other the most important thing is to try and unite Driverss first and then look further a it forms.

Why have you made your FB group a closed group?

By now I’m sure you realise there is opposition from people to the PDU, but by shutting them and others out, you make your organisation weaker, not stronger.

Didn’t we have a thread on this before? I seem to remember it went down like a lead ship.

F-reds:
Why have you made your FB group a closed group?

By now I’m sure you realise there is opposition from people to the PDU, but by shutting them and others out, you make your organisation weaker, not stronger.

As with this forum and many FB Groups you need to be able to remove those that cannot act in a civil manner.

No one is shut out, but by being a closed group it is hoped that only those that truly think or want unity will bother to join and then discuss.

And yes there is always opposition to anything and the PDU is no different.

Radar19:
Didn’t we have a thread on this before? I seem to remember it went down like a lead ship.

There was another thread and questions were asked within it and went unanswered.

The intention of this new one is to answer any questions and I hope it will be used for that purpose only.

Radar19:

It wasn’t a lead ship but there were quite a few unnecessary posts. I’m glad Barrie has joined because I support him and everything he pushes for. He has done this for years for no reward or benefit - except trying to benefit drivers!

Myself and eezeer were really the only ones fighting his corner.

Barrie has joined now - this is your opportunity for some answers ‘from the horses mouth’ as it were :smiley:

Bloody el Baz :unamused: posted at the same time :laughing:

OK, Barrie. The elephant in the room - what is the £5 fee going to be used for? Where will be the scrutiny? I am not making any accusations or casting aspersions, but speaking as an ex-trustee of a charity - you HAVE to be able to account for every penny you take from the public.
If it is for expenses, that’s one thing - but is it for your expenses, or the expenses of any other members? Where and when are the accounts available for viewing? And by who?

Well then, carry on.

I would like to make clear this topic is not to promote the PDU-UK

Rikki has kindly allowed for me to answer some questions that were within the last and some comments being on the offensive side, possibly due to not knowing fact.

Anything new is looked at with suspicion and doubt and the PDU is no different.

It is aimed at Driver so no better place than here to clarify anything Drivers need to know.

The Sarge:
OK, Barrie. The elephant in the room - what is the £5 fee going to be used for? Where will be the scrutiny? I am not making any accusations or casting aspersions, but speaking as an ex-trustee of a charity - you HAVE to be able to account for every penny you take from the public.
If it is for expenses, that’s one thing - but is it for your expenses, or the expenses of any other members? Where and when are the accounts available for viewing? And by who?

The £5.00 being asked for on joining is so that each member can be recognized within it, ID Card with their own number, Cab Sticker to show others and maybe open doors to talk over a cuppa. and some cards to pass on to those Truckers help this is to try and build up a portfolio of the good within us so over time we can work on improving the image.

The £5.00 is non profit and so as there is no excess there is no requirement for accounting.

switchlogic:

Barrie Tozer:

I’m going to be chuckling at that for hours…

Anyway welcome Barrie! :smiley:

Sorry Barry, but saying it is non-profit doesn’t absolve you from accounting for the money that you take from others. How much would the stickers and cards I may receive from you cost? £5 - I doubt it. You want my money - break it down for me.

Evil8Beezle:

switchlogic:

Barrie Tozer:

I’m going to be chuckling at that for hours…

Anyway welcome Barrie! :smiley:

Thanks for the welcome
I laughed as well, but in all reality unless you can form some unity you will never be heard within this Industry as there is no communication portal to do so.