Newport, South Wales - BE AWARE

If you’re parking in Newport, please read…taken from Gwynedd Shipping’s Facebook page…

Cab tilted while driver asleep…

facebook.com/permalink.php? … 5852868431

That’s a new one on me. Never heard of that being done before.

Happened to me, :frowning:

But it was one of the other drivers thinking it would be a laugh to make me roll out of bed in the morning.
The thing is I was already having a shower and got back to tap him on the shoulder and ask him what he was doing. :laughing:

^^^^
Think I might have done more than a tap on the shoulder. :open_mouth:

Reading the comments on that post, and subsequent “shares”, it seems the GSL driver wasn’t the only one, and apparently 2 arrests have been made…

SWEDISH BLUE:
^^^^
Think I might have done more than a tap on the shoulder. :open_mouth:

No, He was a mate, one of 4 of us that used to work together and were often parked in Yarmouth, loads of micky taking and jokes, but they were good blokes who’d be there to help you if you were in the [zb] but probably taking the Micheal while they were doing it though. :smiley: and probably got my own back on him at one point anyway. :laughing:

" downturns driver went thru window " lol you wud have woken or fell out of bed long before that point

Bloody hell. I was parked up on the Maesglas industrial estate on Monday night & heard somebody messing about near my cab. I put the lights on & opened the curtains and right next to the door was a guy with a bar of some sort in his hand. I immediately picked up my phone, showed it to him (he just stood there looking right at me) and shouted “ringing the Police”. He made a few gestures towards me, and then ran across the road to a car about 30 yards away & it drove off. I thought he was probably after my fuel tank, but after reading that and thinking about the bar he was carrying I think I was an intended victim!

Reckon it’s getting worse?

Been doing this for 9ish years and any hassle I’ve had has only been in the last two years (fuel cap off but no derv gone/curtains slashed twice) Bith on allegedly secure parking.

Before that it was only ever the “Can I just fill this can with diesel” crap.

An there’s me thinking it was funny doing cow tipping as a young un :blush:

Wales is becoming a no go area. Not a bad idea really! Nowt there anyway.

Why does anyone want to sleep in a truck, anyway?

Those who do it, must be thinking that the £25 per night subsistence is a fortune.

Joy:

Those who do it, must be thinking that the £25 per night subsistence is a fortune.

Bad home life? Only reason I’d ever do it is if it got me into a dream job.

htmldude:

Joy:

Its pretty difficult not to, if you live in the outer extremities of the UK :unamused:

Its a personal choice, live and let live FFS :bulb:

Stanley Mitchell:

htmldude:

Joy:

Its pretty difficult not to, if you live in the outer extremities of the UK :unamused:

Agreed there isn’t much day work in some more rural places, so it’s inevitable it’s at least a couple of nights out a week or to earn a decent wage its to far for a daily commute to make sense.

Stanley Mitchell:
Its a personal choice, live and let live FFS

Personal choice for some, necessity for others. and nobody’s businesses to judge. :smiley:

Stanley Mitchell:

htmldude:

Joy:

Its a personal choice, live and let live FFS :bulb:

I’m in the Midlands :grimacing: I was a bit harsh to be honest, but I honestly would prefer to be home with my beer, books, shower and somewhere to take a!

That GSL wagon is a DAF, which has the cab tilt mechanism unprotected on the outside of the cab. :open_mouth: Guess what I’ll be doing this weekend?

the nodding donkey:
That GSL wagon is a DAF, which has the cab tilt mechanism unprotected on the outside of the cab. :open_mouth: Guess what I’ll be doing this weekend?

Buying a Gun. :laughing:

muckles:

the nodding donkey:

Buying a Gun. :laughing:

Already have one.
No, I’ll be making something to secure the cab or the tilt mechanism.
They can have away the load, or the diesel, but I draw the line at my own security/wealth/wellbeing. …

There’s a truck stop in Newport just off j25a next to the big sainsburys, cctv, fences the lot. Only £12 a night.