Truckers map, bridge heights

Evening all

Can someone do me a favour, i cant find my truckers map with bridge heights, must buy one tomorow, could someone have a butchers and see if this bridge is shown on the map, its just outside of frome in somerset,
ta.

not showin on the map must be over 16ft

My map doesn’t show the bridge height on that road. In fact the road is covered by the sign for a 15’9" on the A362.

carlbrum:

the one on the 362 is 15,9

carlbrum:

Don’t know my map doesn’t show it as a A or B class road, so it might not be marked up.

i am usin the aa truckers map but it looks like the u go over the bridge not under it

No deffo goes under it, its only a few miles up the road from home, i know its 12 something, the milk tanker used to go under it but i cant remember the height, as im about 12’6 now with a bulker, thanks for looking in the map anyway, i didnt think it would show it as its not even a b road.

Gurner:
No deffo goes under it, its only a few miles up the road from home, i know its 12 something, the milk tanker used to go under it but i cant remember the height, as im about 12’6 now with a bulker, thanks for looking in the map anyway, i didnt think it would show it as its not even a b road.

if it’s under 16’ 6" it will show on the AA map regardless of class or size of road

jj72:
if it’s under 16’ 6" it will show on the AA map regardless of class or size of road

No, that’s incorrect. The AA map only shows low bridges on A and B roads, or those on other roads that are on the “frequently hit” list. You cannot rely on the AA map for non-A or B roads.

tinyurl.com/a2xoe (multimap.com) shows that this is definitely a bridge that you have to go under. I’m afraid that there’s no more detail available than that. Sorry.

MrFlibble:
No, that’s incorrect. The AA map only shows low bridges on A and B roads, or those on other roads that are on the “frequently hit” list. You cannot rely on the AA map for non-A or B roads.

go have another look, there are plenty in there on non A and B roads, and it depends what you mean rely on it, you can to plan a route but of course cannot go charging at anything which is borderline without checking - sorry to sound pompous but i think i’ve a pretty good idea when it comes to bridges/high load routes/clearances after all - running around upto 24 foot high helps! :wink:

Well, on the first page of my atlas (5th Edition 2002), it says:

This atlas primarily shows low bridges signed at 16’0" and under on A and B roads only. In Central London and on the district mapping low bridges are also shown on the unclassified roads selected for this scale of mapping.

Also, across the bottom of every single map page is a large red banner saying “Note: this atlas shows low bridges on A and B roads only”.

Yes, it does show low bridges on some unclassified roads, but the vast majority are not shown. Therefore you can’t rely on a bridge being over 16’0" just because it’s not marked on the map.

Of course, you could have a different edition of the map, and yours might show them all…

Yes mr flibble is right, thats why i asked if someone could look to see if its shown as i know they dont show all bridge heights on non A and B roads.
I went under it this morning, it is actually 12ft 9.
Thanks to those that had a look for me.

This is a bit worrying. I never noticed that paragraph before but sure enough, there it is on my copy.
When I think of all the times I’ve rolled down little back lanes with all the confidence in the world because of my AA ‘bible’.

Salut, David.