Weekend Bans in France

Hi all

Am I correct in thinking that trucks bans take place in France on Saturdays during the summer period from 0700-1900?

More specifically on 25th July for all vehicles over 7.5 t

Thanks in advance for any help supplied

KP

You are correct, but you can cover some distance Saturday nights when the ban ends until the ban for Sunday starts.
For Adr loads, there are more restrictions and specific routes not permitted.
The trick is to park up some place with decent facilities such as hot meals and a shower.

gram67:
Hi all

Am I correct in thinking that trucks bans take place in France on Saturdays during the summer period from 0700-1900?

More specifically on 25th July for all vehicles over 7.5 t

Thanks in advance for any help supplied

KP

Only on certain routes. Check out bison-fute web site for the correct info.

I was driving on a Sunday in France with a tautliner, I saw two Gendarmarie motorbikes on top of a bridge on the motorway.
To this day, I never worked how quickly they got on the motorway to stop me, as I couldn’t see any slip roads.
Somehow they stopped me in minutes, quite
IImpressive.
They walked by the trailer stinking of onions.
I tried to show them the letter from the producer to show perishable.
One minute I was let go.Didn’t want to see the letter, no tacho check.
Years ago I used to drive at night on a ban but now it ain’t worth it.
They fine you, park you in a place with no facilities, and return the truck documents when they feel like it, after the ban has ended, you ring up to check, too busy to release you.
They take the registered keepers log book,the O license permit.
But never the vehicle keys.

toby1234abc:
They fine you, park you in a place with no facilities

I think you really have to try to get on their bad side to be parked up then and there. from what I’ve seen and heard, you get a fine and are allowed to drive to the nearest routiers.

Here is all the info for this year.

http://www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/FR_12015-2_depliant_interdiction2015_DEF_Web.pdf

and even in English!

toby1234abc:
You are correct, but you can cover some distance Saturday nights when the ban ends until the ban for Sunday starts.
For Adr loads, there are more restrictions and specific routes not permitted.
The trick is to park up some place with decent facilities such as hot meals and a shower.

Always thought the ban was Sat 10pm til Sun 10pm■■?

Hi
No in those summer weekend driving bands you can roll Saturday evenings between 1900hrs and midnight.

Thanks for the very helpful replies, I have to be 100k south of Valencia by end of play Monday, so gonna make sense to leave a little earlier and take it easy on Saturday!

jimbubba:
Hi
No in those summer weekend driving bands you can roll Saturday evenings between 1900hrs and midnight.

I very well stand corrected! :smiley:
Is this a recent enough ruling Jim?
1995 since I was away regularly.

whiplash:

jimbubba:
Hi

I very well stand corrected! :smiley:
Is this a recent enough ruling Jim?
1995 since I was away regularly.

Hi
I have No Idea but it’s been like that for at least the last 10 years. :unamused: (Before I move here you wouldn’t find me in France at the weekend’s.)