Finally!

Think I have found my ideal job!
Nearly new truck, properly speced, a gaffer who still does the job when needed and is always available if you call. Good hourly rate, parking paid no question. Average 60 hours a week. Top job!!

rgt1973:
Nearly new truck, properly speced, a gaffer who still does the job when needed and is always available if you call. Good hourly rate, parking paid no question. Average 60 hours a week. Top job!!

What … and then you woke up :question: :laughing:
Seriously though … sounds as if you have got a good job, pleased for you. :smiley:

rgt1973:
Average 60 hours a week.

You might have a problem keeping that up.

rgt1973:
Average 60 hours a week.

Sounds wonderful.

ezydriver:

rgt1973:
Average 60 hours a week.

Sounds wonderful.

I agree

Nice one Mate… Noticed you didn’t mention who with :laughing:

Why do we have this idea that 20hrs OT is good? Surely the idea is to get paid properly for 40hrs and see more of our families or have time for a hobby or even support your local pub?

Munchkin:
Why do we have this idea that 20hrs OT is good? Surely the idea is to get paid properly for 40hrs and see more of our families or have time for a hobby or even support your local pub?

If you want to do that regular,[depending what job] I would say change your job.#
regards dave.

dafdave:

Munchkin:

If you want to do that regular,[depending what job] I would say change your job.#
regards dave.

Why change job? I do 43 hours (on the rare weeks I do all my hours) plenty of family time etc for me

Sounds good until the last bit 60 hours per week, wonder when haulage will come into line with other workers averaging 35 to 40.

Seany:

dafdave:

Munchkin:

regards dave.

Why change job? I do 43 hours (on the rare weeks I do all my hours) plenty of family time etc for me

If you look I did state depending on what job you are doing,I.E. Days,trunking,tramping etc.
regards dave.

Thats great news fella imm still looking but i wont give up

Aye Dave, I did change 7 years ago. Fed up chasing around calculating the minimum amount of time off before I did it all over again. All 'cos there’s no money in the job, have you seen any truckshow photos!

Munchkin:

+1
Overtime is imo for luxuries and those little extras in life, I would not want to depend on it to pay my bills :wink:

Just wondered, why is the wage the fourth item, behind almost new motor, behind specs, and behind boss.
Would have thought, certainly in my case, wage comes first by a long way.
Also if the job is so good, ask yourself why the last guy left :slight_smile:

Drift & del949 +1, pay the bills, do your job 45-50 hours and forget the job while at home

Drift:

Munchkin:

+1
Overtime is imo for luxuries and those little extras in life, I would not want to depend on it to pay my bills :wink:

My dad has always said the same thing!!!

40 Hours= 10 pounds an hour = 400
20 Hours 1½ = 15 pounds an hour 300
Total 700 pounds
Bottom line

rgt1973:

Fair paly to ya fella. Im in the same boat. Am new to trucking ( class 2 ) and loving every min of it. Pays pretty good and get aload of perks which I cannot mention on here. My 2 bosses/owners are absolutely sound and are on our wave length. Happy days = happy trucking. Just wish someone would nuke VOSA!!!

mac12:
Sounds good until the last bit 60 hours per week, wonder when haulage will come into line with other workers averaging 35 to 40.

having worked in many different industries over the years, although most were a basic of 35 to 40 hours but people still had to work overtime to make the money up. Even many managerial jobs don’t pay that well until you move up the career ladder a bit.