What gearbox do you have?

What gearbox does your wagon have? Or if you cab swap/agency guy what gearboxes do you normally encounter?

■■■■ me… got to be the worst post ever.

peter s:
[zb] me… got to be the worst post ever.

:laughing:

peter s:
[zb] me… got to be the worst post ever.

Well done for putting a stop to this one peter s :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t know, it’s under ghe floor.

I know it’s not a real man’s gearbox.

Hill man swapper 3 up 2 down 16 across double twin splitter and 24 reverse gears…

This is the only gear box Im interested in. :sunglasses:

Radar19:
What gearbox does your wagon have? Or if you cab swap/agency guy what gearboxes do you normally encounter?

I’ll give you a genuine answer ,5 speed sprinter ,however on punishment days it’s a twin splitter ( the ts is great it’s the rest of it ) as I refuse to drive these ■■■■■■■■ 16 speed synchromesh things unless it’s really important ,and I can’t drive the As tronic as I don’t have a digi card .

Most are just boring 4 over 4. We also have 2 small mixers each with a straight 6. No splitter no range change and next to no power means you never really have the right gear lol. Everything’s a compromise and impossible to drive in the green. 4 over 4 is okay but I’d love to try something different! The daf boxes are much quicker and tougher than the Scanias.

auto box on an iveco and its fricken pants.

My truck has a Volvo SR1900 12-speed gearbox, my boat has a Hurth HBW150 single-speed gearbox, my car has a Getrag 5-speed gearbox.

Carl-H:
Most are just boring 4 over 4. We also have 2 small mixers each with a straight 6. No splitter no range change and next to no power means you never really have the right gear lol. Everything’s a compromise and impossible to drive in the green. 4 over 4 is okay but I’d love to try something different! The daf boxes are much quicker and tougher than the Scanias.

I was driving an old 56 DAF on Tuesday. Once I got the hang of where the gears are in the box it was actually quite nice to drive. Still not a fan of the knock over.

The worst gearbox I’ve had to endure was a merc hacksaw 4 over 4 knock across awful bloody thing ,a bit of maintenance may have helped it .

Truck, D N R. Bike, 1 up 5 down (race shift). Jetski, press and go like buggery!

Volvo ishift and I ■■■■■■■ love it!

My Scania has got a 3 over 3 with a splitter (grs900)

i jut flick a switch and it goes. sometimes i flick it another way and it goes backwards

well it turns out the reason why my gear box isnt working (apparently ) is there is a issue with an electrical wire. seeing as it gave in on Queensdrive, then like a computer, switched the wagon on and off again and it worked!!

Wish they would just scrap the thing and get us a 58reg daf

surely this has to be a class 1 contender for being listed into my most boring post…ever post■■?..or am I wrong?

My scania is 4 over 4, I hate it when the box/oil is cold and if you change too quick and you get the “your going no where gear” :imp: :laughing: