How to reset your bodyclock?

How do you guys change from nights to days . I go to bed at 9am and get up at 5.30 …Now I seem to be done for as I need to be in bed at 9Pm an up at 5.30 am…
So Im 12 hours out at the mo. If I try an go to sleep earlier all I do is go to bed wide awake.
Any tips or is it a trip to the quacks to get some pills which I dont want to do ?

Stay up as long as you can as soon as you finish your last shift. Find somethung to do to keep you going (mowing lawn etc - not sat in front of tv) sleep around 4pm until about 9 then stay up till 12 and sleep until 5:30. Have a lunchtime nap on the first few days as well (around 20 minutes - dont do much longer or you’ll feel worse)

Assuming, hoping, your being afforded a proper weekly rest period to adjust I’d force my arse up at about 2pm after the night shift. You shouldn’t have too many issues going to bed late in the evening then as you’ll be knackered, just need to make sure you keep yourself busy. Have a good kip and then you’ll be more or less ok for the morning after.

If you need to change your body clock from nights to days over the short period of just a weekend then realistically staying up all day from when you finish the last night shift is the only option that will work best.Although it’s obvious that you won’t be able to drive or do anything that requires alertness during the day.Luckily I was only on permanent nights and only needed to resort to that method at holiday times.

But if it’s just weekends or short bank holiday periods between permanent night shifts then trying to alter your body clock and switching back again just for that is a dangerous idea.In which case it’s better to just stay with the usual day time sleeping requirement.

To change over at weekends I used to have about 3 hours sleep when I got in on sat morning then go to bed at night sat and sun then about 3 hours mon afternoon/evening before starting again. Worked fine.

24 slips I hate them. I’ve just had this, a complete reversal. Straight from one to the other. I still haven’t got it cracked. Tried sleeping a bit in morning then again evening. Tried sleeping all day and working through and nothing seems to work well. Let me know if you find the answer!

I wouldn’t bother personally, I love my routine & sleep is the most important routine of all to me, I’m a very cranky tired person.

I don’t know how some lads do a week of nights & then a week of days, I think that should be illegal, they even make the texaco petrol tanker boys do it, lunacy, now occasionally I can be a tart I know but no one on here can out work me, well not back in the day anyway, the ■■■■ are starting to take their toll now though, that tarp is getting heavier & heavier by the day…