Wincanton Jobs

They are holding an open morning on Sat July 19th at their Alconbury depot. 0800-1200. LGV1, various shifts inc. newly qualified and limited experience. Might be of interest to some?

jobs24.co.uk/SearchResults/l … wedfrom=13

Usually a sign that a company is finding it difficult to recruit drivers allegedly!

Arms and legs and bums on seats?

Is it not agency…

I replied to an advert in local paper for drivers. Phoned and asked for named contact who had just gone on holiday for a fortnight. He rang me on his return and arranged date for interview. Attended interview on Friday and following Friday receive phone call at 1700hrs, can I attend driving assessment on Saturday morning.

Did driving assessment with no problems and never heard from them again.

cliffystephens:
Is it not agency…

I certainly wouldn`t bet against it! More than likely some hidden negatives (zero hours etc) in there somewhere. :confused:

The usual detective work required to get to the realities of it, I suspect.

It might be that Wincanski tempo thing, but from what i’ve been told their own box jockeys are so poorly paid that you’d be better off on a proper agency.
Still if its a start for someone then no harm in using them as much as they are using you, always easier to get a job when you already have one.

It’s Wincanton Containers and it’s advertised on their website with a Felixstowe number. 01394 612680.

Is this an agency?

waddy640:
I replied to an advert in local paper for drivers. Phoned and asked for named contact who had just gone on holiday for a fortnight. He rang me on his return and arranged date for interview. Attended interview on Friday and following Friday receive phone call at 1700hrs, can I attend driving assessment on Saturday morning.

Did driving assessment with no problems and never heard from them again.

Lol :slight_smile:

There’s just no money in it, I think the Subby rate is like £1.30 per mile, I mean what’s the point. They entered the market at the start of the recession. At least Marmite have critical mass.