Classic freight halifax

this co is advertising in truckstop news lately,does anyone have any info??

Flat bed work I believe. I’ve only seen one or two of them kicking about. I was talking to a former driver of theirs a few months ago from the UK and he said it was old trucks and double manning and just that it wasn’t for him. The last truck of theirs I saw was a newer one though.

Not seen many about recently they used to do a lot of container work into the Halifax piers. Trucks left a lot to be desired mostly ex Day and Ross (McCain) so well used.
I would not go near myself but not heard any real horror stories

Old truks and mostly flat deck work, scrap out of Dartmouth Nova Scotia to Montreal/Quebec & tiimber or steel back used to be the work. I know a broker that has been on there for a few years and tell me that they look after him company drivers seem to change quite often so maybe the broker route might be the way to go, want buy a 2004 western star.

thanks for the info,do you know of any decent co’s in eastern canada who would consider taking uk drivers??

scaniaman:
thanks for the info,do you know of any decent co’s in eastern canada who would consider taking uk drivers??

No. I know of companies who will take on UK drivers, basically any company will, but the standard of work and the pay in eastern Canada are largely crap. If you’re coming over with a family I’d give the Maritimes a wide berth, unless you want to be earning the lowest mileage rates in Canada, doing sod all miles because much of the work is east coast triangle work, only a day each way and often lots of waiting time (unpaid) at each leg. Now dont get me wrong, its a great place to live, but the standard or work is the issue and if you’ve a family to support and a mortgage to pay for, its going to be a real struggle in the Maritimes, unless you want to live in the truck for 29 days a month to make up for the unpaid waiting time down the road. Either that or become a redneck earning $500 per week but home more, live in a shack in the woods and settle for that, but in my opinion its not worth moving from the UK for that kind of life. If you’re single and just want an adventure, fair enough, thats why I came here nearly 5 years ago but I have to say that I’ve seen dozens of British families financially ruined by coming to New Brunswick and yes much of that was lack of planning, but you can’t plan for earning sod all, they quite simply shouldn’t have come in the first place, but there you go.

robinhood_1984:

scaniaman:

Thats it in a nutshell. If you come to the Maritimes in needs to be for other reasons than making money.

No. I know of companies who will take on UK drivers, basically any company will, but the standard of work and the pay in eastern Canada are largely crap. If you’re coming over with a family I’d give the Maritimes a wide berth, unless you want to be earning the lowest mileage rates in Canada, doing sod all miles because much of the work is east coast triangle work, only a day each way and often lots of waiting time (unpaid) at each leg. Now dont get me wrong, its a great place to live, but the standard or work is the issue and if you’ve a family to support and a mortgage to pay for, its going to be a real struggle in the Maritimes, unless you want to live in the truck for 29 days a month to make up for the unpaid waiting time down the road. Either that or become a redneck earning $500 per week but home more, live in a shack in the woods and settle for that, but in my opinion its not worth moving from the UK for that kind of life. If you’re single and just want an adventure, fair enough, thats why I came here nearly 5 years ago but I have to say that I’ve seen dozens of British families financially ruined by coming to New Brunswick and yes much of that was lack of planning, but you can’t plan for earning sod all, they quite simply shouldn’t have come in the first place, but there you go.