Seems legit

Got this reply from a recent job application. Legit?

Dear Applicant :confused:

Warehouse Factory Limited are glad to inform you that after careful look at your CV for the position of ‘’ Driver", you have been invited to join the Training and Induction Seminar. ‘’ CONGRATULATIONS’'. :smiley: There will be 2 day induction and training which will take place on the 7th & 8th of October 2013 from 10:30 am to 4 pm each day at

96 Portland Street,

Manchester

M1 4JY

Rate: £9.75 PER HOUR 40 hours a week ‘plus’ :sunglasses:

You are to report to reception and the two day training will be fully paid for :smiley: and you are expected to come with any of your original documents which are listed below:

· Passport /Birth Certificate/ID card (showing your right to work in the UK)

· Utility bill (showing current address)

· N.I number

· Bank/Building Society (for your wages)

· The Confidential Application Form (print out)

Attached is a confidential application form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the day of induction/training

START DATE: 07/10/2013

There will be Full time and Part time positions to choose from, there will also be early morning and late night shift, and you will be paid every fortnightly (two weeks). You will be issued a uniform on the induction/training day.

. Please e-mail us back the following before the 04th of October 2013

· your uniform size (Shirt and Trousers )

·The mode of payment for your CRB DISCLOSURE (UKASH VOUCHER). :neutral_face:

As a result of recent Government changes to the vetting and barring scheme (VBS) the cost of Enhanced CRB check is £50. Due to insurance purposes and policy of our clients, we cannot accept CRB done outside the company. :unamused:

A £50 UKASH voucher which is for the payment for your CRB disclosure will be refunded on the day of induction and for your uniform :wink: . The UKASH voucher is the safest and secure mode of payment which consists of 19 digits should be email to Accounts as soon as possible so that we can commence with the CRB check to avoid any delays with your start date which is on the 07th of OCTOBER 2013 :wink: .

This UKASH voucher can be purchased at most Newsagents, off license, most shops with the E PAY/PAYPOINT sign. Once again, you are to send this voucher as soon as possible to avoid an delays, and to avoid being de listed from the chosen post and do not forget to keep your receipt safe for refunds on the day of induction. :wink:

ALL EMAILS SHOULD BE SENT TO HR: recruitment.warehouse.factory@gmail.com

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and your CRB fees will be on the 04th OCTOBER 2013, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. :unamused:

We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries :unamused: . We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company.

ONCE AGAIN, CONGRATULATIONS !!! :wink: :smiley:

Kind Regards

Dean Hickman (HR MANAGER)

Warehouse Factory Limited / 27 Old Gloucester St, London WC1N 3AX / Tel: 02088 899 441

I smell bull ■■■

Going by the hourly rate i take it thats for a cleaning job?

Its got scam written all over it

linkedin.com/company/warehouse-factory-ltd

London address is a virtual office, a letter drop

Have you rang them? Something doesn’t sound right the way that most of the letter/email kept going on about making this urgent ukash payment. That’s the first company I’ve seen who expect you to pay upfront for a crb too

Just done a google search on the phone number. Linked to a scam website. Basically avoid like the plague. Sadly there are some people out there desperate for work who will fall for this

Its 100% a scam.

Zigzag suppose you could get in touch with…‘Don’t get done get Don’…one of our daytime TV shows.

scamwarners.com/forum/viewto … =4&t=71132

Think this is what those 419 scammers could up to these days

Simple rules to follow:

Never part with cash while looking for work UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Never give any bank details until you are in the yard, with a set of keys and some delivery notes :wink: :bulb:

Did they put the smiley faces in the email?

As someone said I smell bull is that the tea boy hours ?

ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD RESPOND.

What was the address again?

Make up a Ukash (or whatever it is) number and send it to them…

The email address is a giveaway. How many companies use a gmail etc account,

It’ll be fine. Just tell them you have a long lost cousin in Nigeria who has just won the lottery. If they could just give you their bank details so that you can pass them on to him…

never heard of any company charging prospective employee’s for a crb check, and they want an enhanced one to boot. they are only used for teachers ect and people that are working in the health profession ect, even taxi driver don’t have to have an enhanced check, its down to the company to pay not you, 100% scam :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

if you do a search online you will find a government site telling you all about DBS checks as they are now known, they give a list of professions that they apply to, so unless you are driving for a security company, from what I can see at a very quick check a normal company can not even apply to have one done, if they don’t fall into those areas that require one :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

oh another quick check shows that 96 Portland st Manchester is the Ibis hotel :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

total scam :blush: :blush: :blush:

Pwyll:
It’ll be fine. Just tell them you have a long lost cousin in Nigeria who has just won the lottery. If they could just give you their bank details so that you can pass them on to him…

:smiley: :smiley:

Send me cash in an envelope and I’ll do the I-scam transfer.

Dont.That is the address of the Ibis Hotel.