Double manned drivers hours?

If a double manned team work 5 nights a week for approx 13hrs per night driving 6 hrs each would it be possible to work an extra weekend shift every fortnight?

Cheers in advance

Double ( multi ) manning :laughing: can do 30 hour shifts! :sunglasses: 21 hours duty time, 9 hours rest :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: keep going you’ll be finished by Wednesday evening :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Fisher21:
If a double manned team work 5 nights a week for approx 13hrs per night driving 6 hrs each would it be possible to work an extra weekend shift every fortnight?

Cheers in advance

As long as you can start a reduced weekly rest period no later than 144 hours from the end of the previous weekly rest period.

And

As long as you can somehow pay back the compensation for the reduced weekly rest periods by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest periods was taken.

Yes.

Sorry tachograph, when saying “pay back the compensation for the reduced weekly rest periods” do you mean a 45hr rest or a 45hr rest + an extra 24hr for the extra Sunday shift, on the third week?

Fisher21:
Sorry tachograph, when saying “pay back the compensation for the reduced weekly rest periods” do you mean a 45hr rest or a 45hr rest + an extra 24hr for the extra Sunday shift, on the third week?

Paying back for a reduced weekly rest will depend on how much it was reduced by

If the reduced was 30 hours then only 15 needs paying back

Any payback in week 1 must be paid back in full before sunday midnight of week 4

Payback must come after any daily or weekly rest period be they full or reduced

When you work an extra shift presumably you will have to have a reduced weekly rest period.

From what you’ve said I’m going to make a guess that your reduced weekly rest period will be about 35 hours, leaving 10 hours compensation to pay back.
[That is a calculated guess though :smiley: ]

This compensation must be paid back by adding it en block onto any rest period of at-least 9 hours, and must be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which you had a reduced weekly rest period.

You haven’t said what times you will work so again I’m guessing about this, but from what you’ve said about doing 13 hour shifts I’m guessing that you normally have a weekly rest period of approximately 59 hours.
If your reduced weekly rest periods are about 35 hours, the 10 hours compensation may be paid back on the weekends when you don’t work, so you would be able to do an extra shift every other week.

Obviously I am guessing at these times so don’t take them to literally, but from what you’ve said it seems most likely that every second week you would have to have a weekly rest period of 45 hours plus the compensation that needs to be paid back.
So if you needed to pay back 10 hours compensation you would need a weekly rest period of 55 hours every second week.

To be more accurate we’d need to know approximately what times you work and what times you intend to work on the extra shift, but from the information you’ve given us I’d say it’s likely that you could do an extra shift every other week.

Thanks for your time tachograph and Rog, I get it now. It seems I’m an hour out, using the correct times I finish at 7am approx on Sat morning and when I’d be doing Sunday I’d start at 2pm giving me a reduced rest period of 31hrs, on the bare week I’d be finishing on Sat at 7am and starting back at approx 5pm Monday evening giving me 58hrs rest and 1hr short of the required 59hrs.

Fisher21:
Thanks for your time tachograph and Rog, I get it now. It seems I’m an hour out, using the correct times I finish at 7am approx on Sat morning and when I’d be doing Sunday I’d start at 2pm giving me a reduced rest period of 31hrs, on the bare week I’d be finishing on Sat at 7am and starting back at approx 5pm Monday evening giving me 58hrs rest and 1hr short of the required 59hrs.

Nice to see you got it

looks like you will have to start 1 hour later every other week or perhaps 30 mins later every week