Easy as HGV?

Who are they, any info about them would be appreciated.

Just googled a vacancy (ASC recruitment) and it came up with them being called Easy as HGV.

AFAIK they are a training broker. Avoid.

1. Breathe in.

2. Type “Easy As HGV” in the Google search box of your choice.

3. & Breathe out.

Just wondering which ones to register with round here…

Guess that’s one to avoid…

They are a Training Broker. They are definitely one to avoid. If you are looking for a trainer, you may want to look in the Newbie/Wannabe pages as there is a lot of useful info in there

You wouldn’t pay someone standing outside a betting shop to go in and place a bet for you, so you don’t pay someone to set you up on a third party training course either.

Brokers do NOT have any vehicles or even instructors of their own. They’ll just take your money, and book you in for a course somewhere that you could have done yourself and saved a bunch of cash. If they do a bad job as to which training school they book you on, you’ll end up with poor training as well. The poor trainers will be the ones that kickback the most commissions to “training brokers” such as this one. Bear that in mind as to the integrity of their “introductions” and “recommendations”. :bulb:

Don’t bother with brokers therefore.

Just look up actual training firms with actual vehicles and yards that you can visit.
Better still, keep an eye out for out-and-about training vehicles near you, and seek out that school.
Never part with any cash before you’ve seen what’s going on. Someone in a suit with no gear and using language like “I can assure you” can be safely ignored in this life. :wink: If they drive a 4x4, and never seem to give you their home address and landline phone number, then be doubly suspicious, as they clearly don’t want anyone coming around for complaints when it all goes ■■■■-up.
Remember “Michael Green”?

As to what a “Vacancy” represents when it’s advertised by a firm like this -
Think “A vacancy at the jobcentre" actually meaning joining a sign-on queue rather than being the bod behind the desk who asks you the spiel, and is the only one in the room getting paid.”

It’s not training I was after, it was a job vacancy for a class C driver.
Everyone I looked at, I googled to see who they were, and so Easy as HGV popped up so decided to query it here…

Good job I did I guess…

Goldfinger:
Everyone I looked at, I googled to see who they were, and so Easy as HGV popped up so decided to query it here…

Good job I did I guess…

Where abouts are you I may be able to give you some numbers of ok agencies ■■?

Plenty of C work down here - My agency is crying out for them, offering full time contracts the lot. (rigid food deliveries) I think that means after 13 weeks you get a uniform by the firm, and then work direct for them and not via the agency, who’ll get a finders fee.

Area: Aylesford M20

As for moi, I’m already snowed under with work at Aylesford, so you’ll not be seeing me doing C work unless it’s for the same C+E money I’m on already. :smiley: :grimacing:

Big ■■■■:

Goldfinger:

Good job I did I guess…

Where abouts are you I may be able to give you some numbers of ok agencies ■■?

10 mile north of Newcastle upon Tyne. (And no, I HATE football!).

Anyway, I’ve registered with a different agency now, they hope to have me going by the middle of next week. :slight_smile:

P.S. What’s it like on agency these days?

Never been through one for a lot of years, has much changed, equal rights (ish) etc?

Sleazy As HIV post long gone jobs on their website. And they advertise/have advertised on here before.

Correction we don’t accept advertising from brokers- and we remove the google ads if they appear- just saying.

I used easy as and got my c & c+e 1st time. Just saying!

hgvhgv:

But it’s hit and miss as to the quality of training you will get, as it will be down to which gives the broker the best deal.

hgvhgv:

Why didn’t you go direct to a training school? I’m really not having a go but it baffles me why people use brokers?

The training school and the broker were all a part of the same group. If you look up easy as hgv, the lgv training company, and surrey and hants hgv training, they are all the same company!
I got my C+E and didnt pay over the odds.