Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

fryske:
Atkidave’s picture – (hope it’s ok to link to it?)

Untitled by atkidave, on Flickr

Shaun Layton from Kington owns the Transconti,his Dad Derek Layton was a Nash haulier.

Shaun Layton’s Transcontinental at Hereford Truckshow 2010.

One of Hereford Forklifts artics,seen on the A438 at Swainshill Hereford.

Afon Williams with Ivor Duggan’s Merecedes Axor,seen on the A438 at Tin Hiil,Herefordshire.

Dave the Renegade:

Garnet Demolition Foden from Llanwrda with Fred Dibnah mural’s.

often thought about this truck! have you any more pics? i last saw it for sale at coats park commercials in alfreton i think it was jeremy roff that had it done from new if my memory is right i think he was from wiltshire
moose

Hi moose,
Got these at Carmarthen last year,we should have got some more close ups.
Cheers Dave.

Hereford Forklifts parked on the A438 at Letton,Herefordshire.

Dave the Renegade:

Hi Dave. i was looking at this in nash rock colours sunday. the number plate was familiar. now i know where i saw it. Looks good in Nash colours. did you go to the show? i was looking out for you but didnt see you

jonmea:

Dave the Renegade:

Hi Dave. i was looking at this in nash rock colours sunday. the number plate was familiar. now i know where i saw it. Looks good in Nash colours. did you go to the show? i was looking out for you but didnt see you

Hi Merfyn,
I wasn’t at the show as we were on holiday in Pembroke.I was a bit sad to miss Hereford because its on my doorstep,also Kington vintage show which has a lot of older commercials was on for two days the same weekend which is 10 minutes from here.I have looked at the pics from Hereford which Andrew and Neil have posted on the South Wales show,it looked a really good day,noticed your 113 looking good again.
Cheers Dave.

Two Scania’s,seen at the Crow Turn on the A438/A4111 junction at Willersley.Herefordshire.

A couple of Fodens from my trip to Kington

fryske:
A couple of Fodens from my trip to Kington

Good pics Steve.Johnny Williams in the eight legger,with Craig in Ivor Duggans six wheeler.
Cheers Dave.

One of Keith Miles mixers,seen on the A4111 approaching Eardisley,Herefordshire.

Andrew Stokes in Alpha Haulage six wheeler Volvo FM tipper,seen on the A4111 coming down Bollingham Hill,Herefordshire.

One of S J Holder’s Scania artic tippers,seen on the A4111 coming through the chicane at Woodbrook,Kington.

Dave the Renegade:
Hi moose,
Got these at Carmarthen last year,we should have got some more close ups.
Cheers Dave.

speaking of the late mr dibnah saw one of his steam engines today along with about 25 outhers traveling from bishops castle chirbury heading for the show in shrewsbury

An artic bulk tipper of Robinsons of Worcester,seen on the A44 near Kington.

A Volvo FH artic of Ed Weetman,seen on the A49 at Craven Arms.

One of Derek Marston’s ERF’s,seen in the shadows on the A49 near Craven Arms.

A Daf CF artic bulk blower,seen on the A49 near Church Stretton.