driver cpc

been driving trucks since 1980 :open_mouth: and now just finished my 35 hours training :slight_smile: so now i am a better driver :unamused: or just more out of pocket :imp: well what a farse as i did the same 7 hour training 5 times on driver rules and regs. so this proves that the driver cpc is a waste of time :imp: :imp:

That’s right, you can do the same module 5 times,to get the 35 hrs just hope you got it as cheap as poss,
If things stay the same as they currently are now with regards to the employment situation and things being quiet generally come 2014 there’s gonna be some backtracking going on as there won’t be enough drivers left who are legally able to drive for a living

the price was acceptable :slight_smile: and now it is out of the way till 2019 :smiley: . new drivers have to take it straight away so i dont think it will go away. if i was to learn anything from it yes, if it was to make my life easier ok :laughing: but we have enough expence to dish out with driver cards,medicals etc just to be able to do our job :imp:

icky:
the price is a tax :slight_smile: and now it is out of the way till 2019 :smiley: . new drivers have to take it straight away so i dont think it will go away. if i was to learn anything from it yes, if it was to make my life easier ok :laughing: but we have enough expence to dish out with driver cards,medicals etc just to be able to do our job :imp:

Fixed that for you! :wink:

icky:
been driving trucks since 1980 :open_mouth: and now just finished my 35 hours training :slight_smile: so now i am a better driver :unamused: or just more out of pocket :imp: well what a farse as i did the same 7 hour training 5 times on driver rules and regs. so this proves that the driver cpc is a waste of time :imp: :imp:

I would like to do that with 5 different trainers just to see how many new rules & interpretations they could invent :stuck_out_tongue:

icky:
the price was acceptable :slight_smile: and now it is out of the way till 2019 :smiley: . new drivers have to take it straight away so i dont think it will go away. if i was to learn anything from it yes, if it was to make my life easier ok :laughing: but we have enough expence to dish out with driver cards,medicals etc just to be able to do our job :imp:

If we had all stuck together for once we could have stopped this nonsense, just think you have a PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION and you paid for it yourself. sorry mate drivers like you have sold us all down the river. no wonder drivers are treated with such contempt.

mavrick:
If we had all stuck together for once we could have stopped this nonsense, just think you have a PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION and you paid for it yourself. sorry mate drivers like you have sold us all down the river. no wonder drivers are treated with such contempt.

when have drivers ever stuck together :open_mouth: :open_mouth: maybe in the early 70s. why didnt drivers stick together when the green machine under cut every one and small firms went to the wall :imp: :imp: and why are drivers treated with contempt :question: :question: drive along the motorway in your car and see trucks from a different angle :open_mouth: or park on services that stink because a driver cannot walk 10mtrs to the toilet or stop in a layby and see the rubbish left i could go on and on… :angry: but thats another topic i was just saying i learnt nothing new doing the cpc

icky:

Got my second module saturday did drivers hours etc first time , drink and drugs awareness this time , do you have to bring your own d+d ?

JFC999:

icky:

Got my second module saturday did drivers hours etc first time , drink and drugs awareness this time , do you have to bring your own d+d ?

I think you will learn a lot on the drink and drugs course there are quite a few eye openers on the course my company has accredited, I would say myself included (before I was grown up and taking life serious) that out of all the people that drink alcohol most if not all have driven over the limit at sometime most not knowingly. I really enjoy teaching this one.

Let us know how it goes mate and what was taught, I would be interested to see how others are putting it across.

Long distance clara:
I think you will learn a lot on the drink and drugs course there are quite a few eye openers on the course my company has accredited, I would say myself included (before I was grown up and taking life serious) that out of all the people that drink alcohol most if not all have driven over the limit at sometime most not knowingly. I really enjoy teaching this one.

it wont learn me, i am t total and dont drink. never have never will. you are talking cack. like the rest of the trainers.

missing the point. :confused: so you can learn on the drink and drugs. what i first posted was i took the same 7 hours 5 time to get my cpc, if you had to do 5 different topics then i would learn something to keep me up with the times :blush:

Clara I will def let you know how it goes, as for drugs never touch em but do take a drink ,morning after syndrome is a real suprise Im told! As for you Icky, have you got a doctorate in drivers hours now ?!!

greggy:

Long distance clara:

it wont learn me, i am t total and dont drink. never have never will. you are talking cack. like the rest of the trainers.

Read my statement I was not talking to you and I also put the referance to people who drink alcohol but another bitter driver with a chip on his shoulder with regards to DCPC makes a change :smiley:

Icky if you said you did the same course 5 times I would say you were a plumb or you have a very bad manager. Use the system in the way it is meant to be used, if you are a guru in drivers hours don’t sit that course as it is a waste of time, go and learn something new. Good luck mate

Long distance clara:
Icky if you said you did the same course 5 times I would say you were a plumb or you have a very bad manager. Use the system in the way it is meant to be used, if you are a guru in drivers hours don’t sit that course as it is a waste of time, go and learn something new.

Clara, would you be prepared to make up any monetary difference if the other courses are more expensive than the one he took 5 times? - of course not!! - so why should the driver??

For those drivers who have to foot the bill themselves then getting the DQC as cheaply as possible is the goal - perhaps trainers would like to provide 5 very different cheap courses …

ROG:

Long distance clara:
Icky if you said you did the same course 5 times I would say you were a plumb or you have a very bad manager. Use the system in the way it is meant to be used, if you are a guru in drivers hours don’t sit that course as it is a waste of time, go and learn something new.

Clara, would you be prepared to make up any monetary difference if the other courses are more expensive than the one he took 5 times? - of course not!! - so why should the driver??

For those drivers who have to foot the bill themselves then getting the DQC as cheaply as possible is the goal - perhaps trainers would like to provide 5 very different cheap courses …

Mate, my company offer 10 courses all at the same price ranging from drivers hours to basic life support and average price of £65 a head but come with a group and that is easily negotiated.

Long distance clara:

ROG:

Mate, my company offer 10 courses all at the same price ranging from drivers hours to basic life support and average price of £65 a head but come with a group and that is easily negotiated.

Not too bad a price but if a ‘crap’ course near you could be got for say £50 but there was only one course for that price what do you think the driver should do if the intention is simply to get the DQC for the least money?
(that will be the intention for a great many, especially the experienced, who have to pay for themselves)

ROG:

Long distance clara:

ROG:

Not too bad a price but if a ‘crap’ course near you could be got for say £50 but there was only one course for that price what do you think the driver should do if the intention is simply to get the DQC for the least money?
(that will be the intention for a great many, especially the experienced, who have to pay for themselves)

Ok I see your point but my personal opinion is this, if i had to pay myself I would go for the cheap course to start with but I would not put myself through the same course every year if for the sake of 10/15/20 quid extra per year i could do something different. if it was every week i would go the cheap route.