MAN TGA 26.440

Hi

I’ve got 37 trucks on the fleet, all tractors and MAN TGA’s and TGX have been the mainstay since 2003.

My original trucks had the Euro 2 460 engine - bloody marvellous!

Had quite a number of 430’s at Euro 3 - bloody good workhorse - become rattle traps and start drinking fuel c500k km

Had many 440’s at Euro 4 - not quite as good as the 430, but the TGX 440’s (of which I have seven '08 reg) have all had engine trouble valves, heads etc - all before 300k km.

Never again - they will skint you in the end!

I am just replacing all my MAN’s in one hit - 13 Volvo FH13’s, 11 Renault Premiums and the rest DAF 105 SSC 460’s.

Volvo’s - absolute Rolls Royce of a truck - good leasing deal!

Renaults - 9.4 mpg from the off (first seed truck since Feb, now done 60000km) now run in and doing 10-10.5 mpg. Drivers dont like the cab, but Jesus are they profitable to run!!!

DAF - best built truck on the market, one of the best residuals, and not too far behind the Renault on derv!

Don’t be fooled by the 440 MAN’s on the market - 57 reg XXL’s for c£24K are about with 300-400K km on them - they are likely to be a bottomless pit - I’ve known 4 year old trucks to be written off as the engine repairs outweigh the value of the truck!!!

Cheers

K