MAN TGA 26.440

Hello,

Just wanted to get some advice from people who have experience with the MAN TGA 26.440? Are they good reliable trucks? I have seen some with auto gearbox and around the 300kms mark, quite reasonably priced compared to the Scania’s, Volvo’s and DAF’s.

What are everyones view on this truck? Do any of you have these in your fleet?

Thanks.

Hi

I’ve got 37 trucks on the fleet, all tractors and MAN TGA’s and TGX have been the mainstay since 2003.

My original trucks had the Euro 2 460 engine - bloody marvellous!

Had quite a number of 430’s at Euro 3 - bloody good workhorse - become rattle traps and start drinking fuel c500k km

Had many 440’s at Euro 4 - not quite as good as the 430, but the TGX 440’s (of which I have seven '08 reg) have all had engine trouble valves, heads etc - all before 300k km.

Never again - they will skint you in the end!

I am just replacing all my MAN’s in one hit - 13 Volvo FH13’s, 11 Renault Premiums and the rest DAF 105 SSC 460’s.

Volvo’s - absolute Rolls Royce of a truck - good leasing deal!

Renaults - 9.4 mpg from the off (first seed truck since Feb, now done 60000km) now run in and doing 10-10.5 mpg. Drivers dont like the cab, but Jesus are they profitable to run!!!

DAF - best built truck on the market, one of the best residuals, and not too far behind the Renault on derv!

Don’t be fooled by the 440 MAN’s on the market - 57 reg XXL’s for c£24K are about with 300-400K km on them - they are likely to be a bottomless pit - I’ve known 4 year old trucks to be written off as the engine repairs outweigh the value of the truck!!!

Cheers

K

knowall:
Hi

I’ve got 37 trucks on the fleet, all tractors and MAN TGA’s and TGX have been the mainstay since 2003.

My original trucks had the Euro 2 460 engine - bloody marvellous!

Had quite a number of 430’s at Euro 3 - bloody good workhorse - become rattle traps and start drinking fuel c500k km

Had many 440’s at Euro 4 - not quite as good as the 430, but the TGX 440’s (of which I have seven '08 reg) have all had engine trouble valves, heads etc - all before 300k km.

Never again - they will skint you in the end!

We have a 2002 460 with 1.3 million on the clock…brilliant truck…and they are not all that complicated when you get to know your way around them.

Knowall…i would look at the EGR system if i were you…we are seeing a lot of similar problems with smaller diesels…Transits,Trafics,Vivaros etc giving huge EGR problems…of course not helped by main dealers who are really not too sure about what they are trying to fix…To comply with Euro 3 & 4 emissions,Manufacturers are using more and more EGR to reduce NOX gases…however,when the miles start to climb…the problems begin to appear…down on power…poor fuel consumption etc…clogging up valves…blowing up turbos etc…However…it can all be easily avoided with a good workshop who know what they are doing and some simple preventive maintenance