Reversing without banksman = possible sacked

I’m in agreement with Rob here. In my experience, most banksmen are about as much good as an inflatable dartboard. The only ones that are any good are artic drivers. I’ve lost count of the times i’ve been told, “Our banksman will see you back,” only to find that he’s standing in the only place you can’t see him. I’m sure there are plenty of courses and risk assessments and safe working practices and method statements and more H+S ■■■■■ that you can quote until our ears are bleeding, but the “Bottom line” as you say is that, yes it can be dangerous, yes people can be injured or killed, but there is no substitute for common sense.

IMHO the whole Health & Safety culture we have now has been great for some people, its created a lot of job opportunities for people like yourself, but the trouble is, as Rob pointed out, you do so much of the training that you actually start to believe the crap yourself. Just for once, why can’t one of you just ■■■■■■■ admit it and say, “Yeah its great, i’ve made a good living out of this,” rather than keep on trying to convince others what an important job you do, just so that they think, “You know what, you’re right, we’d better keep paying you to do this job.”

Just a thought :unamused: