Reversing without banksman = possible sacked

I’m glad you could prove my point that communication is key. At no point in that discription did you say that at first you stopped and talked to the banksman, agreed where he would stand and how you were going to conduct your manouvere. I bet you just shouted from your cab window and got the poor guy distressed and probably dis-interested with you completing your manouvere.

If you thought you were going to hit something and wern’t sure then why did you carry on■■? Why did you not get out and have a look yourself■■? “If there is doubt, then there is no doubt”, get out agree or disagree with banksman. Reversing is an art, im sure you are a good driver, im sure you are pleased with the level of skill the years behind the wheel have given you, but safety is important, firms constantly try to help the drivers with new training schemes, which help the drivers to remove blame from them when something goes wrong, it helps the firms too having this happen. The added bonus is that you become a better, more sensible, aware and hopefully accident free driver.

I dont think we will agree on this matter so I guess we must agree to disagree. The banksman rules that firms apply are not going away though, it helps with their safe systems of work, in reducing the risk assessments therefore making them a safer practicing company, and that is the bottom line.