Reversing without banksman = possible sacked

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think you need to have a wider outlook on this, rather than having the narrow minded vision of “I’m a driver and I don’t need anyone to see me back”. I have seen the aftermarth of someone who was crushed because a driver couldn’t be bothered to use a banksman and it wasn’t pretty!

If you are happy to use a bnaksman without even asking him what he is going to do to stop you, and/or allowing him to step in your blind spot and you keep reversing, then I feel you need to go on one of these so called “useless” courses. Because if you did you would realise that the act of reversing is very dangerous, usually in confined spaces with pedestrians around you. Communication is the key and talking to the banksman before conducting the manouvere is key. Im sure you went headlong into those two firms, with the attitude of “I don’t need you, you are a waste behind me” reversed too fast and the banksman never even had a chance to keep in your field of vision.

If you are not up to admitting that and feel I am taking rubbish then that is your opinion as I said earlier, but I believe in the course because I know it works and if everyone operated this course to the letter there would be no reversing accidents period!