Scania 164 480 need info regarding ECU repairers

Hi,
Can anyone please help regarding a problem we have with a 2003 Scania 164 480 engine, We have just rebuild the engine completely, but cannot get it to start, we have had Scania come out to it and on there lapton it comes up with all 8 injectors have electrical problem i.e. no power feed to injectors, there is fuel
to each injector, but the solonoid which receives it’s instructions from the ECU is not sending any electical power signals to activate the solonoids.

So, I think that the ECU as a problem and do anyone of you know where I can have it check, otherwise I
will have to put the vehicle into Scania and they really don’t know why there is no feed to the injectors.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

JJSL

not the same problem but ive had problem with edc light just had to order new ecu for 2003 470 over £1700.00 good luck with scania dealer they are as much good as a bloody ashtray on a motorbike.oh by the way they told me that i have to pay for the ecu up front and it may not solve the problem and they wont take it back either.good luck cheers martyn.

JJSL:
Hi,
there is fuel
to each injector, but the solonoid which receives it’s instructions from the ECU is not sending any electical power signals to activate the solonoids.

I know its not right; but bypass the solonoid

was it running ok? before you stripped the engine,“i mean was it running regardless of condition of engine”… on the selonoids make sure the black wire is at the top and red on the bottom, if the eng was running before it was stripped? it is a break in the loom nothing to do with the ecu you may have a plug on wrong or something simple, it be looking at you more than likely right in the face, it prob be a fault plug connector or bad earth me finks :wink:

you will have already done this but just in case have you checked the ecu fuses■■?

JJSL:
but the solonoid which receives it’s instructions from the ECU is not sending any electical power signals to activate the solonoids.

How do you know ECU ant sending a signal
Have you traced the live wire back from the solonoid to see where it goes, dose it go to the ECU?
Have you put your mulit meter on the live wire on the solonoid to see if there is any voltage?

Hi,
many thanks for the info.

The engine was running before we had to strip it down because of a piston, and what I will do now is check all the earth connections etc. I have spoken to quite a few people and they have said the same, check all the earth connections plus the starter motor power leads, So lets hope this works.

Will let you know the outcome.

Best regards

JJSL

Tony

scan-tune.co.uk/google5765ac30dda86020.html

speak to John, he may be able to help you out

Hi or maybe it should be Very Low !!! because that’s how I Feel ■■

We still cannot get this Scania to Start ■■?

We have sent the ECU/EDC away and they have found nothing wrong with it ■■?
We have sent the 8 injectors away and had them tested, and 2 were a little down, but they said this
would not cause a problem and the other six were good, therefore, it should start !!

But NO, the bloody thing turns over fine etc etc but will not fire ( Iwish it would go up in smoke)

We are getting so many different idea’s but can anyone recommend someone to have a look ?
not sure if this sort of thing that John at Scan-tune might be able to do ?

We will take the vehicle anywhere on a low-loader.

Help !!!

Best regards

JJSL

immobalizer “spelling” problem then!!! maybe the chip in the key■■? or i give you £3000, for it as a scrap non runner :wink:
but i still sy its some wire what you aint connected up correctlyor the immob has given up the ghost

If it ran before you stripped it, it must be something you or the mechanic have touched or not connected. I bet that it will be a really simple fix but an expensive one if you take it into Scania or Scan Tune or anything else beginning with Sc

A broken wire in a multiplug would be my first guess

scan tune “john” aint expensive,

jjsl double check and check again all fuses just to make sure take each one out all the way along as the edc fuse blown will just let the engine spin over and not fire,
i do no some one who could get it going but he is in leeds be doubtfull he would travel to notts but you never no? he is ■■■ hot on scania eleccys if you want his number pm me i doubt he will tell you over the phone whats wrong with it but you never no? as its his living etc he is loosing out on, daz

Hi,

and once again, many thanks for your suggestions.

So, back to check all the things once again, and double check again !!!

I will do all the things again and if it still does not start, then try your man in Leeds with
a phone.

Once again,

Many thanks

JJSL
(Tony)

Check your flywheel is on properly and not 180 degrees turned, cam and crankshaft sensors mounted,connected and pick up point correct with TDP for cylinder one?
Did the Scania laptop get a signal of the TDP sensor?
Is the engine turning in the right direction?
Is your camshaft timing correct and not 180 degrees out?
ECU will only send signal to solenoid if everything is correct otherwise it won’t give any signal at all.
Good luck

Hi Everyone,

Well still not running !!!

We have not had to remove the engine or gearbox, so, everything was as before the rebuild, we have put 8 new piston and liners/mains/ends/heads reconditionbed EDC check no problems and injectors checked all working ok on test bed.

So, I now need a super Scania Man to find what the problem is ■■ it might be something we have done i.e. caught a bit of the wiring loom, who knows, we just cannot find the problem.

So, please feel free to offer any idea’s

Regards

JJSL

JJSL, you got pm, :wink:

the time / money spent , you should have got a reconditioned engine and you would have even got some form of warranty!

if yer still dont get it going , scrap it! its only a ■■■■■ scany.

Hi,

Thanks Globby, and Routier can you tell me or do you know how much a reconditioned engine costs ■■
I do, so please find out, and then you might have more idea.

Rgs

JJSL

routier:
the time / money spent , you should have got a reconditioned engine and you would have even got some form of warranty!

It sounds like it’s more likely a wiring fault external to the engine anyway so the same issue would likely have arisen with a recon engine.

Paul

JJSL:
Hi,

Thanks Globby, and Routier can you tell me or do you know how much a reconditioned engine costs ■■
I do, so please find out, and then you might have more idea.

Rgs

JJSL

OK, Scania rebuilt my engine completely within a week ,cost was circa £9k :frowning: :frowning: , 12 mths warranty,but truck was back on the road earning the following week… i made the money back over the time i had it and sold it for well above its residual value…so good was its condition and the work done by Scania helped that.

So How much have yer spent so far and how long has it sat there because of your issue ? Moreover, how much revenue have yer lost ? has your issue been resolved? you could end up with a truck sitting there for weeks…unless yer can diagnose the issue then yer may need to bite the bullet and pay some money out.

haulage is an expensive business especially running older trucks and doing things yourself could prove costly.

Is it ALIVE yet■■?