MAN fault codes

Mister__f:

annitram:
Hi All

My TGA (D28 engine 480BHP) had these fault codes so was put into Feathers at Halifax all injectors repaired also the pump. But there is also a wiring loom in with the injectors and these are prone to failing.
If by any chance your truck is under warranty or an R&M contract then get them to repair it immediately as the repair cost was £2,500 + VAT. On the plus side my truck performs a lot better than it did. :sunglasses:

D28 common rails are quite rare, anything 2005 onwards will almost certainly be D20/D26 lump.

As a general rule the injector loom is only replaced if:

a: it is leaking around where the loom goes into the head
My man 463 back in man at avonmouth today to have the fault codes sorted, again, you could go and have man r and m, but i will just go an get a volvo next time, where all the bits actually work most of the time !
Or

b: the idle speed fluctuates on it’s own accord (this is down to oil leaking inside the loom and interfering with the electronic signals to the injectors)

Like you say, MAN R+M is a good idea when you consider the complexity of modern engines. You only need a couple of expensive parts to fail and the R+M has paid for itself.