MAN fault codes

Hi All

dowahdiddyman wrote:
Mine keeps throwing fault codes at me,03778/10 and 03779/10. When these come up its always when im in the final stages of braking and it also de-rates for a few seconds. Sick of reporting it to Man service when it goes in to be honest.

3779-10 and 3778-10 could point towards possible injector failure. Try changing your filters, cleaning out the fuel lines etc but you’ll more than likely need to get a leak-off test carried out to diagnose which (if any) injectors are at fault and go from there.

The reason it de-rates the engine output is to minimise damage to the engine if there is a problem with the fuel system. MAN refer to it as ‘torque limitation’

My TGA (D28 engine 480BHP) had these fault codes so was put into Feathers at Halifax all injectors repaired also the pump. But there is also a wiring loom in with the injectors and these are prone to failing.
If by any chance your truck is under warranty or an R&M contract then get them to repair it immediately as the repair cost was £2,500 + VAT. On the plus side my truck performs a lot better than it did. :sunglasses: